https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/60562-multiterm7_mistaking_dates.html

Multiterm7 mistaking dates
Thread poster: Silvia Oviedo Lopez
Silvia Oviedo Lopez
Silvia Oviedo Lopez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 28, 2006

Hi,
I am the admin of a termbase in Multiterm Server. I converted a termbase from MT 95 into MT7, and imported the migrated termbase into MT7 (20 november 2006).
Today, I tried to export the entries edited/created during the last 10 days, but to my surprise the dates were quite confusing.
I'll try to illustrate it.
Entry level
Created on - xx-xx-1970
Created by
Modified on - 20-10-2006
Modified by
Index level
Term
... See more
Hi,
I am the admin of a termbase in Multiterm Server. I converted a termbase from MT 95 into MT7, and imported the migrated termbase into MT7 (20 november 2006).
Today, I tried to export the entries edited/created during the last 10 days, but to my surprise the dates were quite confusing.
I'll try to illustrate it.
Entry level
Created on - xx-xx-1970
Created by
Modified on - 20-10-2006
Modified by
Index level
Term
Created on - 20-11-2006
Created by
Modified on - 29-10-2006
Modified by -

As this termbase is in a server, I thought some machine could have set a wrong date, but I checked it at home (imported the termbase) and the results were the same.
I exported the entries again in my own computer and imported them into the termbase i created (in my own computer), overwriting duplicated entries.
I've tried the same process, but importing everything into a new termbase I created.
The dates showing were the same.
Anyone has any ideas? May it have something to do with the conversion? (It was converted in november, anyway.)
How can you modify something that doesn't even exist? I thought this made computers crash.. remember y2k?
As you may notice, any help will be really welcome.
Collapse

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:57
German to English
+ ...
independent fields Nov 29, 2006

The 'created on' date is presumably the date when you imported the term base -- the system created a new record and assiged the current data to the 'creation date' field (after all, the record didn't exist before in the target TB).

The 'modified on' date is the date stored in this field in the original record, which the system simply copied when you imported the TB. This probably reflects the programmer's (or designer's) decision to retain this historical information in the TB, ins
... See more
The 'created on' date is presumably the date when you imported the term base -- the system created a new record and assiged the current data to the 'creation date' field (after all, the record didn't exist before in the target TB).

The 'modified on' date is the date stored in this field in the original record, which the system simply copied when you imported the TB. This probably reflects the programmer's (or designer's) decision to retain this historical information in the TB, instead of resetting the field to the creation date.

This isn't surprising behaviour.
Collapse

Silvia Oviedo Lopez
Silvia Oviedo Lopez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
modified before it was created? Nov 29, 2006

Hi Ken,
thanks for your reply, but my point is that:
a. the termbase was created in november (how can the month be october)
b. i know these are independent fields, but it doesn't make much sense that trados says it was created after it was modified.
c. if i modify/create an entry today, the date changes from 20/11/06 (date i imported the entries) to 29/10/2006, which doesn't make sense at all.
i don't know if i was cl
... See more
Hi Ken,
thanks for your reply, but my point is that:
a. the termbase was created in november (how can the month be october)
b. i know these are independent fields, but it doesn't make much sense that trados says it was created after it was modified.
c. if i modify/create an entry today, the date changes from 20/11/06 (date i imported the entries) to 29/10/2006, which doesn't make sense at all.
i don't know if i was clear enough in my first posting
thanks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm7 mistaking dates

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »