https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/60764-multiterm_has_disappeared_from_word_toolbar.html

Multiterm has disappeared from Word toolbar
Thread poster: Mara Ballarini
Mara Ballarini
Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 06:02
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 1, 2006

Hi everybody!
I've been using Trados (2006) for a couple of months and unfortunately I'm not really an expert yet. I got used to using multiterm (7.0), just to add terms as I go mainly, but all of a sudden, today multiterm has disappeared from my Word toolbar, completely. So trados uses the termbase to look for terms, but I can't access it from Word anymore. Is it normal? How can I put it back? Thank you very much for any help! Mara

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:02
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Is the Multiterm menu still there? Dec 1, 2006

Then go to View -> Toolbars and switch the Multiterm toolbar on.
If not, go to Tools -> Templates, and tick the box near the respective template.

Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:02
English to Russian
Check the Multiterm toolbar in Word, or... Dec 1, 2006

Dear Mara,

That is not a big problem. The reason is that the Multiterm Template "Multiterm7.dot" file is missing in the startup folder of MS Word, or the Multiterm Toolbar is not activated in Word.

First check for the toolbar by rightclicking on the top panel of Word where the main menu is. You should see the list of available toolbars. Look for the Multiterm toolbar and put a tick in the checkbox against it (if unchecked it hides the MT toolbar from the menu).
... See more
Dear Mara,

That is not a big problem. The reason is that the Multiterm Template "Multiterm7.dot" file is missing in the startup folder of MS Word, or the Multiterm Toolbar is not activated in Word.

First check for the toolbar by rightclicking on the top panel of Word where the main menu is. You should see the list of available toolbars. Look for the Multiterm toolbar and put a tick in the checkbox against it (if unchecked it hides the MT toolbar from the menu).

Also check the Startup folder of MS Word. It is in the Application folder. On my computer the path is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

On your machine it should be the same except for the user name (Alex).
The MT template file should be in that folder. If it is missing, copy it from the Trados Multiterm folder in the Program files to the Startup folder.

That should do the trick.

Alex
Collapse

Atikah
Atikah  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 04:02
English to Malay
multiterm not working in Word Jun 20, 2007

Dear Alex,

I'm wondering if you could shed some light on the problem that I have.

I have MultiTerm7.dot loaded in templates/add-ins. The MT toolbar is there, but there's only the "Select TermBase" button there, everything else on the toolbar is greyed out.

I've checked and compared both the *.dot files in Word Startup folder and in the SDL Trados folder. It's present (identical: same date, same size etc) in both folders.

What could be wrong? ... See more
Dear Alex,

I'm wondering if you could shed some light on the problem that I have.

I have MultiTerm7.dot loaded in templates/add-ins. The MT toolbar is there, but there's only the "Select TermBase" button there, everything else on the toolbar is greyed out.

I've checked and compared both the *.dot files in Word Startup folder and in the SDL Trados folder. It's present (identical: same date, same size etc) in both folders.

What could be wrong?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Atikah
Trados 8, Multiterm 7, WinXP Pro, Word 2000

Alexey Ivanov wrote:

Dear Mara,

Also check the Startup folder of MS Word. It is in the Application folder. On my computer the path is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

On your machine it should be the same except for the user name (Alex).
The MT template file should be in that folder. If it is missing, copy it from the Trados Multiterm folder in the Program files to the Startup folder.

That should do the trick.

Alex
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm has disappeared from Word toolbar

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »