Trados Softkey Licensing in 2 PCs?
Thread poster: Barbara Santos

Barbara Santos  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:21
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 2, 2006

Hi there. I'm wondering about getting Trados 06 FL, but I have 1 question: I'd like to install the license in my desktop and in my laptop. After reading through the FAQ's, I guess this should work out fine, but I'm not 100% sure. When buying a license u are entitled to download 2 softkey license files to use on up to 2 PC. Could the two computers be considered a network? Could it be that in one PC only the demo version would function? Thanks everyone for your help!
Best
Bárbara

Direct link Reply with quote

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:21
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
network Dec 2, 2006

Barbara Santos wrote:

Could the two computers be considered a network?

Yes, if you have them indeed connected to the same network as in a WLAN. If you're just using the two computers independently from each other, there's no problem.

Also, if your computers are connected via the same network, it only means that you cannot run Trados on both machines at the very same time; only one instance of the prgram can be open at any time.

If it's just you using the program, there shouldn't be any problem. However, if you and a colleague would want to work on both computers at the same time, that wouldn't work.

Check the forums:

"SDL Trados 2006 Freelance is designed to work in a single user environment and thus only one instance can run on a network at any one time. SDL Trados 2006 Professional is required in order to share translation memories on internal networks (LAN) and provide multiple users the ability to simultaneously work on a network and have access to the same translation memories."

http://www.proz.com/post/319884#319884

http://www.proz.com/post/195400#195400

Barbara Santos  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:21
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 2, 2006

Hi Heike,

thanks for your answers and for quotting other discussions on this. I believe it is clear now:)

Thanks again and regards,
Bárbara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Softkey Licensing in 2 PCs?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search