International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

"Restore" macro lost in SDL Trados 2006 (working with MS Word)
Thread poster: Ruth Wiedekind

Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:11
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Dec 9, 2006

Question to expert colleagues:

I lost/deleted(?) the Trados RestoreSource macro (in Word), by a hazard, which allows e.g. to convert a sentence to source text from an erroneously opened segment.
Is there any chance to "restore" that macro? Or do I have to install Trados for new?

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
what about restoring TRADOS installation? Dec 10, 2006

Restore option on software installations fixes broken files, so that should do it.

Otoh I would assume, its not the code itself, thats lost - that would mean you have deleted parts of TRADOS7.dot, which is rather improbable. You can restore its icon to it by finding the macro - sorry, German Word - in Extras/Anpassen/Macros /TemplateProject.tw4winRestoreSource.Main and drag the entry to an iconbar.

Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi, Vito. I restored the icon, but it does not work either. Dec 10, 2006

It must have something to do with the macros organization!

If I go to Extras / Makro / Makros (Makros in allen aktiven...) / Organisieren, the relevant macro shows up under "Makroprojektelemente" (for Dokument 1 and Normal.dot). I could send you a screenshot, if I had an e-mail address.

Unfortunately I nearly know nothing about macros, that's why, one day, the "accident" happened... And I have no idea, how to go on / where to put that macro so that it works! Or do I just have to restart?

I have never seen that Software restore option, but it seems to me that it should not be of any use in this case - if I am not mistaken.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Restore" macro lost in SDL Trados 2006 (working with MS Word)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search