Thread poster: Hena Syed
Hena Syed
Hena Syed
Local time: 15:28
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 15, 2006

Hi,

I am new to Trados and I don't know too much about how to use the tool. I've been looking at the help functionality and the tutorial that came with the software, but i am unable to find a solution to this. I am having issues with the preview function in TagEditor. I've translated my text and I was reading through it and i noticed some errors. I went back to edit mode and corrected the mistakes, closed the segment (if i can call it that), saved the file and then went back to pre
... See more
Hi,

I am new to Trados and I don't know too much about how to use the tool. I've been looking at the help functionality and the tutorial that came with the software, but i am unable to find a solution to this. I am having issues with the preview function in TagEditor. I've translated my text and I was reading through it and i noticed some errors. I went back to edit mode and corrected the mistakes, closed the segment (if i can call it that), saved the file and then went back to preview mode again. The changes i made have not been update in the preview. I even tried restarting the application, but it doesn't seem to update the text. Is this a bug in the software, or do i manually have to refresh the preview somehow? My deadline is in 3 days so i would appreciate if anyone could help me as soon as possible. Thanks!

[Edited at 2006-12-15 04:51]

[Edited at 2006-12-15 04:52]
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 22:28
German to English
+ ...
Saving Dec 15, 2006

Hello,
did you save the ttx file after making your changes ?

Best regards

Hans

Hena Syed
Hena Syed
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yup Dec 15, 2006

yes, i made sure to save the changes before i went to preview mode. there is no reason why it shouldn't update the changes automatically, right?

Thanks!

[Edited at 2006-12-15 14:03]

Hena Syed
Hena Syed
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Related to Trados Workbench Dec 15, 2006

I noticed that the text that is showing in the preview is a 100% match in trados work bench. In edit mode i try to remove one word from the 100% match, close the segment, save the file and go back to preview mode. The change hasn't been made. However, when i go back to edit mode and click to open the segment, it is showing the way i want it to be, even the workbench is updated now, but the preview is still showing the translation with the word i want removed. hopes this gives you more understand... See more
I noticed that the text that is showing in the preview is a 100% match in trados work bench. In edit mode i try to remove one word from the 100% match, close the segment, save the file and go back to preview mode. The change hasn't been made. However, when i go back to edit mode and click to open the segment, it is showing the way i want it to be, even the workbench is updated now, but the preview is still showing the translation with the word i want removed. hopes this gives you more understanding of what's going on.Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 22:28
German to English
+ ...
Preview Dec 15, 2006

Hello,

maybe there is a problem in the Viewer ?
Which software do you use for the Preview ? Internet Explorer ?

Hans

Hena Syed
Hena Syed
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I use TE 7.5 for preview Dec 15, 2006

no, i use Trados TagEditor 7.5 to view the translation. I just translated another file and had to edit it, the change was updated in the preview. I think it's somehow related to what's already saved in the TM.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-15 16:50]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-16 00:04]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor - text not updated in preview mode

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »