https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/62560-tw_x_track_changes_in_word.html

TW X track changes in Word
Thread poster: Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 1, 2007

I received a lot of files to be translated in Word (2003, Windows XP, Trados SDLX 7.0.0.615) were track changes have been used by the client. I don't need them, and think I've been successfull in turning in off since it is now dimmed off under "Tools" -> Track changes. But when I try starting to translate, TW gives me the message (in German) "In Word XP disable the Option 'Track Changes' under Extras." I don't have any "Extras" in german, but Tools, but there is no way of turning the track chang... See more
I received a lot of files to be translated in Word (2003, Windows XP, Trados SDLX 7.0.0.615) were track changes have been used by the client. I don't need them, and think I've been successfull in turning in off since it is now dimmed off under "Tools" -> Track changes. But when I try starting to translate, TW gives me the message (in German) "In Word XP disable the Option 'Track Changes' under Extras." I don't have any "Extras" in german, but Tools, but there is no way of turning the track changes off, only to change the way they are displayed.
Any hints to help me out and get started with work in 2007?
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:53
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Approve the changes Jan 1, 2007

First you need to approve all the changes.

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hm... Jan 1, 2007

Thank you and sorry, I didn't get that
Where and how I approve changes? I clicked on OK... obviously, after doing the changes.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 18:53
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
To get the document with changes approved Jan 2, 2007

Where and how I approve changes?

Thank God (Gott sei dank...) I am also using Word 2003 in German. You have to do the following:

i) Extras/Änderungen nachverfolgen (you get an extra icon bar into the menu)

ii) look up the icon "Änderungen annehmen" (third from the left)

iii) Select "Alle Änderungen im Dokument annehmen"

Of course you may decide to go for the original (unchanged) document etc. But this is where the action takes place.

Let us know, how you're doing.

Regards

smo

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not possible to accept changes Jan 2, 2007

Thank zou, smo, for your help.
I din't know what more to try or do. In the document sent to me by my client it isn't possible to accept the changes, because under Tools Track Changes is dimmed off. I am able to click on View -> Mark up and turn the changes visible or turn them off. But nothing else.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TW X track changes in Word

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »