Thread poster: Constance Mannshardt

Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:43
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 5, 2007

I have been struggling with my Trados 7.0.0.651, Word 2003, Multiterm for the last 3-4 days (Windows XP) - lots of different and confusing errors occuring simultaneously.
In the moment I just need to clean up some files which all have headers and footnotes that I want to have cleaned, too (along with the "normal" text).
I just can't remeber ever having had these kind of problem.
I need urgent help!
Thanks!icon_smile.gif

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 03:43
English to Indonesian
+ ...
tageditor Jan 5, 2007

cmiiw, should've been cleaned if you used tageditor. you can still convert it to ttx, using tageditor, then just apply the tm.

[Edited at 2007-01-05 08:45]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:43
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Cleanup in Workbench cleans also footnotes Jan 5, 2007

And in Word 2003 with Trados 7 you can also use the Worc macro "tw4clean.main", which also cleans up the complete document (if you have text boxes, it is possible, that some uncleaned text will remain there - both when cleaned with Workbench and Word).
If you clean up in Word, keep a copy of the file to actualise your TM (via WB-cleanup), as Word macro does not actualise your TM.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clean up - footnotes and headers

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search