run-time error 4605
Thread poster: Mpoma

Mpoma  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:48
French to English
Jan 9, 2007

hi all,

I am running WXP with Word 2000 and Trados 6.5.

Have recently started getting this glitch: I try to close seg/open next... and I get this error: "Run-time error 4605. This method is not available because the Clipboard is empty or not valid". At the same time the Trados "cursor mark" ("-{}-") is inserted in the following seg and the field and hidden chars made visible. Have to close seg and open again.

I have in the past examined some of the VB code involved in Trados. Once I even managed to cure a persistent glitch by manually changing a value from true to false... but it took hours of experimenting.

Anyone ever come across this and got a cure? I'll give it a few hours and then try reinstalling Word and Trados, I suppose.

One other thing: am using Dragon NS at the same time... but this has never caused any particular interference. I'm pretty sure this is nothing to do with it, and that this is a Trados prob.

Thanks,
Chris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

run-time error 4605

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search