TRADOS: error 50104 - folder doesn\'t exist, was moved or renamed
Thread poster: GILOU

GILOU  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:51
Member (2002)
English to French
Nov 13, 2002

Hello, I have upgraded from 3 to 5 and when I try to clean up the file, it says (50104) folder doesn\'t exist, was moved or renamed. So I can\'t clean up. Whyyyyyyyy?

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:51
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Check the log file location Nov 13, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-11-13 11:19, GILOU wrote:

Hello, I have upgraded from 3 to 5 and when I try to clean up the file, it says (50104) folder doesn\'t exist, was moved or renamed. So I can\'t clean up. Whyyyyyyyy?

I guess you are talking about Trados.

Clean-up, analysis and other functions in Trados create a log file.

Perhaps the log file is set-up to a folder no more existing. Check this location and ensure that you are pointing to an existing folder, try again and it should work.

Gianfranco

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
You can try... Nov 13, 2002

Good morning!

I had a fairly similar message actually yesterday when I tried to clean up a file (I work with 5.5).

All I did was this:

When you click on Tools, then Clean-up, on the right-hand side of the clean up pane (in the middle) you see where the log file will be going. I simply cleared out that field (removed the link that was in there).

Then, I went on with the normal steps to clean the file, leaving the log field blank.

Trados automatically created a new (correct) path for the log file and cleaned up the document without any problems.

P.s. I had not done any changes to my system, the old log file folder was not moved.

Maybe Trados was having a bad day yesterday with us French folks!

HTH!

Have a great day!!! TGIW

Nathalie

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-13 12:46 ]

Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
same problem Nov 13, 2002

I use Trados 5(.5) for more than a year and never experienced problems until a month ago. Since then I get the same error message you mention and the same story goes for analyzing and pre-translating. I can\'t find a reason or (real) solution.

There is, however, an alternative for cleaning up: just stay in the Word file, press Alt+F8 (simultaneously) and scroll to \"tw4winClean.Main\" (or press \"t\" and twice the arrow-down button) and click on \"execute\" (or just press \"Enter\" cause \"execute\" is preselected). (At least, I think this button is named \"execute\" in the English version. \"run\" is also possible and besides that, I guess you use a French version).

I found out that this method is easier in the case you have to clean up just the Word file you have opened just now.

NOTE, HOWEVER, that your TM is not updated and the head and foot texts are not cleaned together with the main text. You have clean them seperately by accessing them.

But if you have to clean up a file right now ... just go ahead

Patricia Gifford  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Trados Patches Nov 13, 2002

Hi all,

you should also check the Trados website www.translationzone.com. Under \"downloads/patches\", you can download the latest patches to clean up some software bugs.

In your Trados menu, check under Help/Info, which build no. you have. This will help you to decide which patch applies to you. A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded the cummulative patch 11.11 which upgraded my system from build 244 to build 251 and got rid of a few glitches (for free).

Hopefully that\'ll help you,

Patricia

GILOU  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
thanks all Nov 13, 2002

Yeah,I have just changed the name of the log. Thanks for your precious help

Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
thanks too Nov 13, 2002

the solution nathalie gave, is just as simple as effective.

Bruce Bell
United States
Local time: 01:51
Portuguese to English
+ ...
THIS WORKED! Jun 29, 2010

Hello Henk Peelen,

Thank you very much for your contribution. My "Clean Up" function in the Translator's Workbench was not functioning properly. It would appear to run properly, but when I opened to document all the tags were still there. I did as you suggested and ran this macro and it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Bruce

Henk Peelen wrote:

I use Trados 5(.5) for more than a year and never experienced problems until a month ago. Since then I get the same error message you mention and the same story goes for analyzing and pre-translating. I can\'t find a reason or (real) solution.

There is, however, an alternative for cleaning up: just stay in the Word file, press Alt+F8 (simultaneously) and scroll to \"tw4winClean.Main\" (or press \"t\" and twice the arrow-down button) and click on \"execute\" (or just press \"Enter\" cause \"execute\" is preselected). (At least, I think this button is named \"execute\" in the English version. \"run\" is also possible and besides that, I guess you use a French version).

I found out that this method is easier in the case you have to clean up just the Word file you have opened just now.

NOTE, HOWEVER, that your TM is not updated and the head and foot texts are not cleaned together with the main text. You have clean them seperately by accessing them.

But if you have to clean up a file right now ... just go ahead

Erkan Dogan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:51
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thanks a lot! Mar 10, 2011

gianfranco wrote:

Quote:

On 2002-11-13 11:19, GILOU wrote:

I guess you are talking about Trados.

Clean-up, analysis and other functions in Trados create a log file.

Perhaps the log file is set-up to a folder no more existing. Check this location and ensure that you are pointing to an existing folder, try again and it should work.

Gianfranco

Gianfranco,

You are a saver. Thanks a lot! You saved me a lot trouble

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS: error 50104 - folder doesn\'t exist, was moved or renamed

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search