Concordance does not show most recent translations first
Thread poster: xxxpkb
xxxpkb

Local time: 21:35
French to English
Jan 18, 2007

Good morning from London.

The box is ticked, but the concordance does not necessarily show the most recent translations first. Any suggestions for a cure?

Trados 7.0.0.615, Windows 2000 (with all upgrades automatically downloaded)

Philip

Direct link Reply with quote

Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:35
English to Swedish
Reorganise the TM Jan 18, 2007

Always worth a try.

Cecilia

Zoltán Medgyesi
Hungary
Local time: 22:35
English to Hungarian
Maybe you're new to Trados? Jan 18, 2007

Otherwise, you would know, it's another unusable, not-working, illogical feature.

In 7.5 it seems it works, it displays the most recent translation unit as first - however, can't put them in chronological order, which would be advantageous.

(Currently, I'm fighting with maintenance / filter function, which cannot handle it's own time format.)

xxxpkb

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but tried that. Jan 18, 2007

Cecilia Falk wrote:

Always worth a try.

Cecilia

First thing I thought of. 63,000 translation units (±630,000 words) nicely resorted, but it still does it.

It does it as well on my everyday memory (114,000 units. Blimey, must be well over a million words !).

It isn't new, but it has become annoying on a current job. If I want to check how I translated something earlier in the same document, it doesn't tell me.

Thanks for the suggestion, though, Cecilia.

Philip

xxxpkb

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite a new boy Jan 18, 2007

mzdude wrote:

Otherwise, you would know, it's another unusable, not-working, illogical feature.

In 7.5 it seems it works, it displays the most recent translation unit as first - however, can't put them in chronological order, which would be advantageous.

(Currently, I'm fighting with maintenance / filter function, which cannot handle it's own time format.)

I checked recently: I was given my first copy of Trados by a client in 1998. The client also sent me to Luxembourg for a day's training in the use of Trados and in translating trade marks.

At last it is not just my copy that plays up.

Maintenance / filter? Luckily I have never been tempted / required to play with that. Thanks mzdude.

Philip

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance does not show most recent translations first

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search