https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/63762-concordance_does_not_show_most_recent_translations_first.html

Concordance does not show most recent translations first
Thread poster: pkb (X)
pkb (X)
pkb (X)

Local time: 11:08
French to English
Jan 18, 2007

Good morning from London.

The box is ticked, but the concordance does not necessarily show the most recent translations first. Any suggestions for a cure?

Trados 7.0.0.615, Windows 2000 (with all upgrades automatically downloaded)

Philip

Cecilia Falk
Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:08
English to Swedish
Reorganise the TM Jan 18, 2007

Always worth a try.

Cecilia

Zoltán Medgyesi
Zoltán Medgyesi
Hungary
Local time: 12:08
English to Hungarian
Maybe you're new to Trados? Jan 18, 2007

Otherwise, you would know, it's another unusable, not-working, illogical feature.

In 7.5 it seems it works, it displays the most recent translation unit as first - however, can't put them in chronological order, which would be advantageous.

(Currently, I'm fighting with maintenance / filter function, which cannot handle it's own time format.)

pkb (X)
pkb (X)

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but tried that. Jan 18, 2007

Cecilia Falk wrote:

Always worth a try.

Cecilia

First thing I thought of. 63,000 translation units (±630,000 words) nicely resorted, but it still does it.

It does it as well on my everyday memory (114,000 units. Blimey, must be well over a million words !).

It isn't new, but it has become annoying on a current job. If I want to check how I translated something earlier in the same document, it doesn't tell me.

Thanks for the suggestion, though, Cecilia.

Philip

pkb (X)
pkb (X)

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite a new boy Jan 18, 2007

mzdude wrote:

Otherwise, you would know, it's another unusable, not-working, illogical feature.

In 7.5 it seems it works, it displays the most recent translation unit as first - however, can't put them in chronological order, which would be advantageous.

(Currently, I'm fighting with maintenance / filter function, which cannot handle it's own time format.)

I checked recently: I was given my first copy of Trados by a client in 1998. The client also sent me to Luxembourg for a day's training in the use of Trados and in translating trade marks.

At last it is not just my copy that plays up.

Maintenance / filter? Luckily I have never been tempted / required to play with that. Thanks mzdude.

Philip

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance does not show most recent translations first

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »