SDL trados 2006 Tag editor: preview .itd files
Thread poster: Stefania Williams

Stefania Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:25
English to Italian
Jan 21, 2007

I am translating an .itd file using tag editor in SDL trados 2006.

Is it possible to preview the target text of an itd file in tag editor? From the manual, it seems that only TTX files can be previewed.
Alternatively, can I go to SDLX once I finish the translation and preview it there? (I have never used SDLX 2006).

Many thanks

Stefania

Direct link Reply with quote

Larmes
Local time: 08:25
English to Chinese
preview button Jan 22, 2007

I am not sure about SDLX Tradox 2006, as I am using SDLX 2004.

There should be a button "preview" on the top of screen. It looks like an "eye" in my version.

Otherwise, there is "Trados -> Export to Trados" option under "File" menu. It may create the one you want.

The other option is use Project Wizard to export the itd to doc. But I think this may not be the one you want.

Hope that helps.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL trados 2006 Tag editor: preview .itd files

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search