Showing entries from TM and TermBase for every segment in SDLX 2006
Thread poster: femmy

femmy
Local time: 05:28
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Jan 22, 2007

I am using 2006 SDL Trados, and I am currently editing translations from several translators using SDL. I usually unconfirmed all segments before doing my editing.

Because one of my jobs is to makes sure that their translation style is the same, of course it would be helpful if I can see all entries from TM and TermBase for each segment. Unfortunately, TM and TermBase entries will only appear if the segment is still unconfirmed and does not have 100% match. If the segment already has 100% match (gold), the TM and TermBase window is empty, unless I press Ctrl-F8.

Is there any way I can see TM and TermBase entries for every segment, whatever the status of the segment?

Direct link Reply with quote

Marta Fernandez-Suarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:28
English to Spanish
SDLX, not Trados Jan 23, 2007

Hi Femmy

For what you say, you seem to be using SDLX, not Trados.

I cannot advice on Termbase, because I have not used it; or do you mean Concordance? AFAIK you have to press F8 in the gold matches and there is no way round it.

Maybe someone can show me wrong and I'll learn something else.

Kindest regards,

Marta

femmy
Local time: 05:28
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX in 2006 SDL Trados Jan 24, 2007

Hi Marta,

Yes, I am using the latest SDLX which comes with the 2006 SDL Trados bundle (which also includes the latest Trados).

You're right. Currently I have to press F8 to get the TM segments to appear, and Ctrl-F8 to get the TermBase terms to appear, F7 or Ctrl-F7 to get the Concordance on certain words.

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it.

Marta Fernandez-Suarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:28
English to Spanish
concordance on 100% segments Jan 25, 2007

Hi

You might also want to highlight source segments that give you 100% match and then press F7 (to do a concordance on them).

As to the automatic apparition of matches in TM when you are in an unconfirmed 100% match, no other clue other than F8. I guess you could keep a record (jot down) the number of those gold segments before unconfirming so that you know exactly which ones you have to press F8 in. I don't know if there is an automatic way of printing out the gold matches to avoid this extra step.

Regards,

Marta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Showing entries from TM and TermBase for every segment in SDLX 2006

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search