Font changes when opening segment
Thread poster: iamsara
iamsara
iamsara
Local time: 02:29
English to Spanish
Jan 29, 2007

Hi, I use Workbech FL 7 and I´m using Arial. When I open a new segment, the font changes to Times new roman. Any light on this?

Thanks

[Editado a las 2007-01-30 09:22]

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Multiterm or Trados Workbench? Jan 30, 2007

Dubloc wrote:

Hi, I use Multiterm FL 7 and I´m using Arial. When I open a new segment, the font changes to Times new roman. Any light on this?

Thanks

Hi dubloc,

Font changes have been discussed many times in the Trados forum (see for example http://www.proz.com/topic/61736 or search the forum for "font changes" or "styles").

If, as I suspect, your problem is with Trados FL 7 and not MultiTerm (which doesn't segment text anyway), then it's probably occurring because the styles defined in your source Word document use Times New Roman.

You can either change the Normal style in the original document to Arial or work in Tag Editor, which doesn't use Word styles and will maintain the source formatting.

HTH

Giles

iamsara
iamsara
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Not Multiterm, but Workbench, sorry Jan 30, 2007

Giles Watson wrote:

Dubloc wrote:

Hi, I use Multiterm FL 7 and I´m using Arial. When I open a new segment, the font changes to Times new roman. Any light on this?

Thanks

Hi dubloc,

Font changes have been discussed many times in the Trados forum (see for example http://www.proz.com/topic/61736 or search the forum for "font changes" or "styles").

If, as I suspect, your problem is with Trados FL 7 and not MultiTerm (which doesn't segment text anyway), then it's probably occurring because the styles defined in your source Word document use Times New Roman.

You can either change the Normal style in the original document to Arial or work in Tag Editor, which doesn't use Word styles and will maintain the source formatting.

HTH

Giles

Ooops, I just realized I wrote Multiterm instead of Workbech! I´m going to try you suggestion and see if it works. Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font changes when opening segment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »