Lu Zou  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:29
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 31, 2007

Dear All

I am translating ttx files with Tag Editor of SDL Trados 2006, from English into Chinese.
During the translation, I encountered two problems:
1. When I am about to move to next sentence, the system pops up a warning window, saying that "At least one tag is missing in the target segment, Would you like to continue?". After clicking Yes, I can continue the translation.
2. Sometime, the font in the target segment changes, some characters are crushed/ into each other or overlapped. I am not sure if it is related to the previous problem.

I have browsed the SDL Trados Support forum, and have not found the answer yet.
Any one has a clue?

Direct link Reply with quote

Tony Tang
Local time: 19:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
I have the same experience Jan 31, 2007

Hi,

I also had such experience. Can anybody to tell us the reason and how to correct it.

Thanks

Tony

Oscar Martin
Spain
Local time: 13:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Crushing/Overlapped Characters in Tag Editor of SDL Trados 2006 Jan 31, 2007

Hi,

As far as the warning is concerned, it informs that you must place a tag. This can contain information about formatting, etc. Try placing the missing tag in the target text.

Regards,

Òscar

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:29
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Tags must be fixed, fonts can - too Jan 31, 2007

Lu Zou wrote:

Dear All

I am translating ttx files with Tag Editor of SDL Trados 2006, from English into Chinese.
During the translation, I encountered two problems:
1. When I am about to move to next sentence, the system pops up a warning window, saying that "At least one tag is missing in the target segment, Would you like to continue?". After clicking Yes, I can continue the translation.

You should fix tags before continuing. Otherwise there will be problems.

2. Sometime, the font in the target segment changes, some characters are crushed/ into each other or overlapped. I am not sure if it is related to the previous problem.

I found that tags can introduce problems with fonts. Try a workaround by selecting text between tags and start typing.

Hope this helps.

Piotr

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:29
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Copy tag / or bring in placeable Jan 31, 2007

When you see the message:
"At least one tag is missing in the target segment, Would you like to continue?"
you should click No. It is important that no tags are missing.

You may be able to copy and paste the missing tag from the source segment, or bring it in as a placeable.

Lu Zou  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:29
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems solved Feb 1, 2007

Dear All

The first problem is solved by coping the tag from the source segment, but I still have no luck on second problem.

The second problem is solved by inputing English comma, instead of Chinese comma, which takes two bytes space.

What a simple and silly solution.

[Edited at 2007-02-01 08:53]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Crushing/Overlapped Characters in Tag Editor of SDL Trados 2006

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search