https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/64936-duplicate_entries_in_tm.html

Duplicate Entries in TM
Thread poster: JennyItaly
JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Local time: 22:02
Italian to English
Feb 1, 2007

I had tried to keep all my TM separate .. then I found I needed some of the CONTRACTS input with the ACCOUNTING input .. and so on.
So I exported one and imported into another.
I have now made a mess because I now have lots of duplicate entries in the TM ....... and I wanted to try and clean things up.
Is there a way of cancelling exact duplicate entries in the TM files .. other than searching manually in the text file ??

Thanks in advance

Jenxx
... See more
I had tried to keep all my TM separate .. then I found I needed some of the CONTRACTS input with the ACCOUNTING input .. and so on.
So I exported one and imported into another.
I have now made a mess because I now have lots of duplicate entries in the TM ....... and I wanted to try and clean things up.
Is there a way of cancelling exact duplicate entries in the TM files .. other than searching manually in the text file ??

Thanks in advance

Jenxx

Sorry forgot TRADOS VERSION 7.0

[Edited at 2007-02-01 09:01]
Collapse

Truc Tran Van
Truc Tran Van
Vietnam
Local time: 03:02
English to Vietnamese
Export current TM to New TM Feb 1, 2007

I think you can export your current TM and create a new one. Then import the exported file into new TM.

When creating new TM, make sure you do not select "Allow multiple translations for identical source segments" in the Create Translation Memory dialog box.

[Edited at 2007-02-01 10:04]

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
a good trick is Feb 1, 2007

... to use Maintainance to eliminate "anything younger than". Let's say your blooper happened 1.12.2006. Ask the for segments "created later than 1.12.2006" check them first (!) and if it's ok, delete them from TM.

A backup copy of the stuff of course will not hurt at all...

smo

JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 1, 2007

Thank you both I will now try both those options..
To be honest I have never got the hang of Maintenance .. I will have to read the Help Files .. I never manage to get anything to appear in the large box below ..
I'll let you both know how I get on!
Thanks again

Jenxx

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Maintenance of TM... Feb 2, 2007

JennyItaly wrote:
To be honest I have never got the hang of Maintenance .. I will have to read the Help Files .. I never manage to get anything to appear in the large box below ..
Jenxx

Hi Jenny!

I have also felt frustrated in the maintenance section, and your posting has forced me to use half an hour to find out a bit more.

I can thoroughly recommend the online "Help" within Trados, from the maintenance page. There I found the clue, and I have been in and done things I have wanted to do for a long time!! Maybe I'll enrol for the advanced course now in Budapest!!!

Thank you again from the little prompt to actually FIND OUT. Hope it helps you in return...

Bill

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Duplicate Entries in TM

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »