https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/65186-slower_file_after_use_of_s_tagger_for_framemaker.html

Slower file after use of S-Tagger for Framemaker
Thread poster: laurenzze2000
laurenzze2000
laurenzze2000
Local time: 06:55
German to French
Feb 5, 2007

Hello!
My problem: Some Framemaker 7.0 files have been translated into Swedish. I prepared the mifs with S-Tagger for Framemaker (Trados 6.5.5.441 - Build 441) and they were translated in TagEditor of Trados 7.0.0.615 - Build 615. There were absolutely no errors when converting the cleaned stf files into mif again (by using Trados 6.5.5.441 - Build 441). But the mif files (and the FM files, too) are much slower to work with than the original FM files. When scrolling through the file it sto
... See more
Hello!
My problem: Some Framemaker 7.0 files have been translated into Swedish. I prepared the mifs with S-Tagger for Framemaker (Trados 6.5.5.441 - Build 441) and they were translated in TagEditor of Trados 7.0.0.615 - Build 615. There were absolutely no errors when converting the cleaned stf files into mif again (by using Trados 6.5.5.441 - Build 441). But the mif files (and the FM files, too) are much slower to work with than the original FM files. When scrolling through the file it stops several times and it takes a few seconds before you can go on. The translated files have the same MB-size as the orginal ones. Has anybody an idea why this is?
Collapse

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
English to German
+ ...
Check for Graphics Feb 6, 2007

Dear Laurence,

you can be very sure, that this has nothing to do with TRADOS. And even from the FrameMaker point of view there's absolutely no reason why a properly translated file should scroll in any way slower.
I suggest checking for problems with graphics. When scrolling through a document FrameMaker loads the (referenced) graphics one by one as they appear in your window. Depending on your machine power, installed Antivirus Scanners and the graphic format this might take
... See more
Dear Laurence,

you can be very sure, that this has nothing to do with TRADOS. And even from the FrameMaker point of view there's absolutely no reason why a properly translated file should scroll in any way slower.
I suggest checking for problems with graphics. When scrolling through a document FrameMaker loads the (referenced) graphics one by one as they appear in your window. Depending on your machine power, installed Antivirus Scanners and the graphic format this might take a few seconds.

Best regards,
Stefan Gentz
TRACOM OHG
Collapse

laurenzze2000
laurenzze2000
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Graphics can't be the problem! Feb 6, 2007

Hello Stefan,

thank you for your answer.

How would you explain why the translated file is slower than the source file alltough the translated file has been opened on the same computer? Both files contain the same graphics!

Best regards
Laurence Lo Giudice
Übersetzungsbüro Terber & Partner

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Slower file after use of S-Tagger for Framemaker

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »