Thread poster: Oleksandr Studenyak

Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
Local time: 00:09
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Feb 14, 2007

Hello,

We are doing translation of InDesign CS2 files. I received translated *.inx.ttx files from translator, but when I'm trying to save any file as InDesign *.inx file, I'm getting an error "Recource (tag) with ID .... has been displaced at Control ID ..."
If I'm trying to cleanup the file and update TM I'm getting an error the same error.
Translator has not changed any tags. But she is using Trados 7.5. Maybe there is some incompatibility between these two releases?

Direct link Reply with quote

Oscar Martin
Spain
Local time: 00:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trados 7.5 Feb 15, 2007

Hi,

They are not compatible. I found this problem some time ago but the other way. The only way is to ask the translator for the TM and pre-translate the original file.

Best regards,

Oscar

Owen owenfw
Local time: 16:09
Finnish to English
+ ...
Same problem in latest version of TRADOS freelance Aug 27, 2007

I am having exactly the same problem with the latest version of Trados. I have done all of the translation myself and created the inx myself. There is a Trados FAQ about this problem, but its instructions don't help. HELP!!!

what about version 8? Aug 28, 2007

Hi all,

although I cannot help with the problem I have a similar question. Oscar said, that 7.1 and 7.5 are incompatible in this point. But what about version 7.5 and 8.0? Are there these incompatibilities too?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with cleaning InDesign CS2 files in Trados 7.1

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search