Trados text / attribute fields
Thread poster: Juliette Burns

Juliette Burns  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:32
German to English
Feb 14, 2007

Can anyone tell me exactly how to define text and attribute fields in Trados Work Bench and what kind of information should be inserted into each one? I can't follow the Trados instructions here - they're not the most transparent of explanations...

I would like to add the client and project names to my TM units so that I can recognise where each concordance result comes from after I have merged all my TMs together.

I have Trados SDL 2006.

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 05:32
English to Spanish
Fields... Feb 14, 2007

1st STEP
On the Workbench Menu:

FILE > SETUP > FIELDS > ADD FIELD TO "TEXT FIELDS". Click "Accept".

2nd STEP
On the Workbench Menu:

SETTINGS > PROJECT AND FILTER SETTINGS > (On the first Tab, write your client's name on the Text field content. On the second Tab: do the same.)

Click "Accept".

Now you have the data you need to have, and hope I explained myself.

Don't forget to change the client's name when translating the next project, where you'll only have to write the data you wish to appear. Personally, the information I like to see is the Agency's and end Client's name. Obviously, mine too.

Good luck.

[Edited at 2007-02-15 13:48]

Juliette Burns  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:32
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Text fields Feb 15, 2007

Thanks Tadzio!

Have followed your clear instructions and now have exactly what I need.

Juliette.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados text / attribute fields

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search