Trados implementation and the picture decoloration
Thread poster: Brandis (X)

Brandis (X)
Local time: 13:41
English to German
+ ...
Feb 17, 2007

Halo! I am currently processing a large website using Trados 7.0 after a few initial files, I wanted to clean and check the links in DreamWeaver MX and in the IE7.0. The text is fine, but the pictures become shabby or decolor. Why is that so. I hadn´t this problem while using Trados 6.5.5 earlier. Has anyone a useful tip or a hint. Thank you all in advance.
Best Brandis

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
a different case with similar symptoms Feb 18, 2007

Has anyone a useful tip or a hint. Thank you all in advance.

I waited a little to see if there's any other takers, because my hint is wishy/washy if not useless. I get similar symptoms when cutting and pasting from let's say word page, that includes graphics or pictures. However, things are back to normal - full color, contrast etc - if I just cut and copy the images, without the other text around it.

Maybe the solution is to replace embedded images with file references - and that's whole lotta work -.

Regards

smo

Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Vito Feb 18, 2007

I think the trouble is with DreamWeaver MX 2004, I am using , I have tried this stuff with DW 6.0 things are fine, no losses at all. I am sure that even the most experienced profit from this experimental attempt to win in-sight into working issues. So finally we have a solution. DW MX may be of latest technologies, but the pictures fade out, which can only propagate I am not fit for all purposes other than designing. Decoloration is normally is a fact of lack of required HW, but mine is latest e... See more
I think the trouble is with DreamWeaver MX 2004, I am using , I have tried this stuff with DW 6.0 things are fine, no losses at all. I am sure that even the most experienced profit from this experimental attempt to win in-sight into working issues. So finally we have a solution. DW MX may be of latest technologies, but the pictures fade out, which can only propagate I am not fit for all purposes other than designing. Decoloration is normally is a fact of lack of required HW, but mine is latest equipped with 512 ATI cards and lots of resouces for a fat client. Fazit: here I am - but a former DW 6.0 still gives a better stable workable solution. thanksalot like lancelot (just a twist) Brandis

[Edited at 2007-02-18 18:34]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados implementation and the picture decoloration

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search