Julianne Rowland
Julianne Rowland  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:23
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 27, 2007

I am working in Trados 7 Tag Editor and would like to be able to perform a search for specific tags ( and ). I need an expedient way to find these titles to edit them, without having to scroll through the whole document.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I have tried copying the tag and pasting it in the Find dialog box, but this does not work.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:23
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Searching for specific tags in Tag Editor Feb 27, 2007

I am working in Trados 7 Tag Editor and would like to be able to perform a search for specific tags (<block title> and <table title>).

It's not possible - at least not without a 3rd party plug-in. But you can open the TTX file in a text editor that supports Unicode, find the tags and then search for the appropriate translatable text in TagEditor. (Just be careful not to make any changes in the other editor.)

Julianne Rowland
United States
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the suggestion Feb 27, 2007

Thank you for the suggestion, Hynek. I will definitely try using a Unicode text editor.

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 18:23
German to English
+ ...
Search in Word Feb 27, 2007

Hello,

you can select all in TagEditor, paste it into Word and search then in Word for the Tag. After this you can look at the surrounding text and search for this text in TagEditor.

Regards

Hans

Julianne Rowland
United States
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using Word to Search for TagEditor Tags Feb 27, 2007

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your feedback.
Actually, I ended up just opening the TagEditor file with Microsoft Word and doing a search-and-replace (close to your suggestion, except that I did not copy and paste).

Each time I found something that needed to be changed, I did a search-and-replace in the open file in TagEditor and made the necessary changes.

It was somewhat cumbersome, but not really too bad once I got going.

Regards,

... See more
Hi Hans,

Thanks for your feedback.
Actually, I ended up just opening the TagEditor file with Microsoft Word and doing a search-and-replace (close to your suggestion, except that I did not copy and paste).

Each time I found something that needed to be changed, I did a search-and-replace in the open file in TagEditor and made the necessary changes.

It was somewhat cumbersome, but not really too bad once I got going.

Regards,

Julianne

[Edited at 2007-02-27 21:14]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching for specific tags in Tag Editor

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »