Blocking 100% Match words in TTX files
Thread poster: Carolina A P

Carolina A P
Local time: 20:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 28, 2007

Hello I was wondering if there is some way to block 100% matches words in a TTX file.

I know it is not possible to highlight text. But what about a function that blocks or skips the 100% matches when you are proofreading a text?

Thanks
Caro

Direct link Reply with quote

Jing Nie
China
Local time: 07:07
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Convert it into WORD Mar 1, 2007

When you get a ttx file to be translated , converted it into WORD file using TTXpress.
Then you can using the Trados to pretranslate the MS Word file. You must set all pre-translated sentences in differerent color in options of Trados workbench.

Now all 100% match pretranslated sentences are in different color. You can translate other non-100%-match sentences now. You can easily distinguish 100% match sentences after you complete the whole translation.

After proofreading you can convert it back into TTX file using TTXpress.

Hope it can help you.

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Change the attribute "origin" Mar 1, 2007

Elfgirl wrote:

Hello I was wondering if there is some way to block 100% matches words in a TTX file.

I know it is not possible to highlight text. But what about a function that blocks or skips the 100% matches when you are proofreading a text?

Follow these steps:

1. Open the TTX file with a text editor;

2. Find the "TU" elements which have a value of "100" for the "MatchPercent" attribute;

3. For these "TU" elements, change the value of the "Origin" attribute to "xtranslate".

I hope this helps!

Daniel

Marion Lurf  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:07
English to German
+ ...
Open Next no 100%/Get Mar 1, 2007

Hi Caro,

I don't know how you proofread your .ttx file, but if you do it by opening each segment in TagEditor, you could try the commands Open Next no 100%/Get (keyboard shortcut Alt+Ctrl+Home) and Set Close Next no 100% Open Get (keyboard Alt+Ctrl+Num+), respectively. This way TagEditor will go through the file ignoring all 100% matches.

Hope this helps,
Marion

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blocking 100% Match words in TTX files

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search