TagEditor 7.5: Error while converting fields to Word Document.
Thread poster: Alexandra Davidson
Alexandra Davidson
Local time: 09:09
English to German
+ ...
Mar 1, 2007

Hi,

(I work with TagEditor 7.5, latest version).

When I try to clean up a certain .ttx file (orginal file format is Word), I get the following error message:

(-2147467259): Error while converting fields to Word Document. File skipped!

I already examined the file with the Generic Tag Verifier (strict tag verification) and fixed any errors I could find > problem persists. I also tried "Save target as" > same problem.

Does anyone know how to go about fixing this? I saw a post in this SDL Trados forum as well as in a Polish forum, but the info there did not help me much as I don't speak/read Polish

A colleague of mine suggested that I retranslate the whole file using the updated TM and paying particular attention to the *order* of tags, but that will be a huge effort as this is a 100 page document.

Any info/help will be highly appreciated!
Alexandra

[Edited at 2007-03-01 13:31]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:09
English to Czech
+ ...
Tags Mar 1, 2007

You should check the tags with the verifier again, because there must be still some errors left.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 09:09
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Retranslating ... Mar 1, 2007

A colleague of mine suggested that I retranslate the whole file using the updated TM and paying particular attention to the *order* of tags, but that will be a huge effort as this is a 100 page document.


Starting from scratch and lettin TWB pretranslate the source to another / different TTX is automatic, so it should not cost THAT much. It's worth a try anyhow - and TM should be OK after all the Verifications you have done.

smo


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Alexandra Davidson
Local time: 09:09
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both for your suggestions Mar 15, 2007

Hi again!

I forgot to thank you both for helping me with this. I ended up redoing the file in TagEditor. There was indeed one tag that was messed up and that was not caught by the tag verifier. Some Indexmarker got screwed up and that prevented me from cleaning/saving as target.

Anyway, redoing the file in TagEditor was not that much work afterall and I was able to deliver the translation within the deadline.

Thanks again,
Alexandra


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 7.5: Error while converting fields to Word Document.

Advanced search







SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search