https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/67484-release_date_of_sdl_trados_2007.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Release date of SDL Trados 2007?
Thread poster: Inga Jakobi
Inga Jakobi
Inga Jakobi  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:17
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Mar 4, 2007

Hi,
does anybody know the exact release date of Trados 2007? I cannot find anything on their website (as usual)... They only say March, which has unfortunately 31 days...
TIA,
Inga

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:17
Dutch to English
+ ...
Not an exact date, but .... Mar 4, 2007

.......I did read somewhere recently Inga that the release is planned for month end.

[Edited at 2007-03-04 16:15]

Christian Osmundsen (X)
Christian Osmundsen (X)
French to Norwegian
+ ...
Late March Mar 4, 2007

Hi Inga,
I had the same question myself, after having happily purchased my licence at the proz announced group buy last week. I surfed for ages on the SDL website but only found the 2006 version, so I sent an email to their customer support.

The SDL Trados 2007 Freelance version is out by late March they replied (no exact date was given), so meanwhile they have offered the 2006 version for recent buyers of the coming 2007 version, as an interim solution.

It would
... See more
Hi Inga,
I had the same question myself, after having happily purchased my licence at the proz announced group buy last week. I surfed for ages on the SDL website but only found the 2006 version, so I sent an email to their customer support.

The SDL Trados 2007 Freelance version is out by late March they replied (no exact date was given), so meanwhile they have offered the 2006 version for recent buyers of the coming 2007 version, as an interim solution.

It would have been so much easier to have been told this from the very beginning....

Kind regards,
Christian
Collapse

Inga Jakobi
Germany
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 4, 2007

Christian Osmundsen wrote:

Thank you very much... Well, this is kind of disappointing, but still it is a more precise date than I had. I don't know why their website is so confusing... I am even not able to find the log in-page without searching for an old email from SDl containing the link...

Regards and have fun with Trados 2006 in the meantime!

Inga

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:17
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Free upgrade? Mar 5, 2007

This does not answer your question, but I imagine you will be given the opportunity of a free upgrade from the previous version, as soon as the new rollout comes to market.

At least, that was certainly the case in the past.

Is it not better to wait just a bit longer until the application has been tested vertically, horizontally, diagonally and three-dimensionally?

Did the world hold its breath waiting for Vista - and do Microsoft do free upgrades?... See more
This does not answer your question, but I imagine you will be given the opportunity of a free upgrade from the previous version, as soon as the new rollout comes to market.

At least, that was certainly the case in the past.

Is it not better to wait just a bit longer until the application has been tested vertically, horizontally, diagonally and three-dimensionally?

Did the world hold its breath waiting for Vista - and do Microsoft do free upgrades?

Cheers
Chris

[Edited at 2007-03-05 00:42]
Collapse

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Wise words... Mar 5, 2007

Textklick wrote:

Did the world hold its breath waiting for Vista - and do Microsoft do free upgrades?

This is the wisdom of experience, Chris. Thanks! But some of us really would like to make use of new features, and take the risks!

Bill

Inga Jakobi
Germany
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
take the risk... Mar 5, 2007

William [Bill] Gray wrote:

But some of us really would like to make use of new features, and take the risks!

And some of us have to take it to warn (or recommend it to) all others I already own Trados 2006 and now wait for the risk of using Trados 2007 on Vista and Office 2007 to come... But I just read on the SDL Website that they are selling the new version/upgrade cheaper longer now (until the end of March) and I hope this doesn't mean that the relase date will be postponed as well :S

Have a nice evening!

[Edited at 2007-03-05 17:35]

Celine Belle (X)
Celine Belle (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Any news for SDL Trados 2007? Apr 5, 2007

Hello everybody,

I've just bought in pre-order Trados 2007 and installed it on my machine. I realised it's not Trados 2007 but Trados 2006, as you explained above.
I just had somebody on the phone from Trados who told me that Trados 2007 should be released today (5th April). I hope it will be the case, as Trados 2006 is not compatible with Office 2007, which is installed on my machine.

Have you managed to get more information on the real release date ?

... See more
Hello everybody,

I've just bought in pre-order Trados 2007 and installed it on my machine. I realised it's not Trados 2007 but Trados 2006, as you explained above.
I just had somebody on the phone from Trados who told me that Trados 2007 should be released today (5th April). I hope it will be the case, as Trados 2006 is not compatible with Office 2007, which is installed on my machine.

Have you managed to get more information on the real release date ?

Thanks in advance,
Céline
Collapse

Inga Jakobi
Germany
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados-email saying it would be released this week Apr 5, 2007

Hi,

after having written an email some time ago to SDL asking about the release date and not having received any reaction, I received an email last saturday, stating that the upgrade would be available for download this week. I still do not believe in this, as today is thursday and tomorrow is - at least here in germany - holiday. But I am still hoping that it won't take that long, as I got the same Office 2007-problem as Celine...

Cheers,
Inga

Celine Belle (X)
English to French
+ ...
At last! Apr 5, 2007

Inga Pier wrote:

Hi,

after having written an email some time ago to SDL asking about the release date and not having received any reaction, I received an email last saturday, stating that the upgrade would be available for download this week. I still do not believe in this, as today is thursday and tomorrow is - at least here in germany - holiday. But I am still hoping that it won't take that long, as I got the same Office 2007-problem as Celine...

Cheers,
Inga

Hello Inga,

I've just received an email from Trados saying that Trados 2007 is now available for downloading AND this is true! I've checked in my account and the files to be downloaded are there.
Let's hope the installation will be fine.

Cheers,
Céline

Inga Jakobi
Germany
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I saw it too Apr 5, 2007

Hi Celine,
I just checked my mails and started the download immediately
Have fun with the new version!!!!

Traduziona
Traduziona
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Problem with license Apr 5, 2007

Inga Pier wrote:

Hi Celine,
I just checked my mails and started the download immediately
Have fun with the new version!!!!

Hi, I just downloaded sdlx 2007, (I did not remove 2006 one) and it does not recognize my license. Any of you got the same problem?
Tks
Chicho

Celine Belle (X)
English to French
+ ...
Problem with Trados 2007 and Office 2007 Apr 6, 2007

Hi Inga, hi Chicho,

I've uninstalled my previous Trados and installed Trados 2007 on my PC. On my PC, I have Office 2007.
The installation of "SDLTrados2007_FL_820.exe" went fine.
During the installation of "SDLMultiTerm2007_444.exe", I had the same message several times saying that some dll files were missing.
Afterwards, I finished the installation and successfully activated the product. I then ran Trados. It worked, I created a TM, translated a few sentences. Th
... See more
Hi Inga, hi Chicho,

I've uninstalled my previous Trados and installed Trados 2007 on my PC. On my PC, I have Office 2007.
The installation of "SDLTrados2007_FL_820.exe" went fine.
During the installation of "SDLMultiTerm2007_444.exe", I had the same message several times saying that some dll files were missing.
Afterwards, I finished the installation and successfully activated the product. I then ran Trados. It worked, I created a TM, translated a few sentences. Then I closed it, tried to open WinAlign and it didn't work. I got an error message.
Then I tried once again to open Translator's Workbench, it didn't open and I got an error message.
Now I can't open anything. Nothing is working.
So I uninstalled Trados 2007 and I installed it on another PC with Office XP. It works perfectly (so far) on this machine.

Chicho, I didn't have any licence problem because I didn't have SDLX 2006 on my machine.

Inga, have you experienced any difficulty with your Trados? What version of Office do you have on your PC?

Thanks,
Céline
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
That's a tricky one... Apr 6, 2007

I had this problem too... The thing is that you have to activate it online, entering the code which is displayed in your SDL account (My Licenses page).

I have another problem: TagEditor shows that it is properly activated (the license is valid), however it refuses to run any plug-ins stating that it cannot do that in demo mode... Therefore, I have no spellcheck.

Inga Jakobi
Germany
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am using Trados 2007 + Office XP Apr 6, 2007

Hi,
for the moment I installed the new trados on my old notebook running Office XP, and there seem to be no problem (but I only made a short test). I cannot say anything about Office 2007 + Vista, as I am not yet using my new notebook. I might try this during Easter...
Have a nice weekend everybody,
Inga

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Release date of SDL Trados 2007?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »