Upgrade from SDL Trados 2006 Freelance to SDL Trados 2007 Freelance?
Thread poster: Harry Hermawan
Harry Hermawan
Harry Hermawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 18:18
English to Indonesian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Mar 12, 2007

I just got SDL Trados 2006 Freelance with the TGB, Translators Group Buying in 2006. I'm one of those who likes and cannot resist an upgrade, PROZ have got an offer to upgrade SDL Trados 2007 Freelance.

Colleagues, I need your opinion, do you think I should upgrade since the industry 'insist' us translators to upgrade? Or would you think I should just wait in investing this newer product at this time i.e. wait and see? Thanks for your input.

Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 18:18
English to Indonesian
+ ...
wait for better offer Mar 13, 2007

if you are not using mos 2k7, i don't see why you should upgrade. although it supports windows vista, the info page: http://www.translationzone.com/product.asp?ID=127 still recommends the use windows 2k or xp.

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:18
English to French
+ ...
Could it be an "Early Bird"? Mar 15, 2007

I'm just asking, because if I'm not mistaken, you got 2006 only so you have the product while they get ready to launch 2007. I also got my copy of Trados that way (it was before they released 7). What happened is I basically ordered version 7, but I got to download 6.5 in the meantime so I can start using the software right away.

A few weeks ago, somebody who used the TGB complained that nobody told him that he could get 2006 while waiting for 2007 to come out. He bought 2007 in a p
... See more
I'm just asking, because if I'm not mistaken, you got 2006 only so you have the product while they get ready to launch 2007. I also got my copy of Trados that way (it was before they released 7). What happened is I basically ordered version 7, but I got to download 6.5 in the meantime so I can start using the software right away.

A few weeks ago, somebody who used the TGB complained that nobody told him that he could get 2006 while waiting for 2007 to come out. He bought 2007 in a previous TGB, so I am quite convinced you couldn't have bought 2006.

I am sure you actually paid for 2007 and are using 2006 only in the meantime - SDL should be able to confirm that.

All the best!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrade from SDL Trados 2006 Freelance to SDL Trados 2007 Freelance?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »