How to convert an .itd file to a .doc
Thread poster: Delphil
Delphil
Delphil
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 16, 2007

Dear all,

I am mostly a TRADOS person and have recently received a few .itd files: some to be translated and two to be proofread. The first task poses no problems. However, the latter have to be delivered in a MS Word format and I am not sure how to convert it. From the File menu I can export only to HTML and the original file type is RTF. Also, I have not received any TM for proofreading.

Is it enough to use the Preview Translation command from the File menu or is ther
... See more
Dear all,

I am mostly a TRADOS person and have recently received a few .itd files: some to be translated and two to be proofread. The first task poses no problems. However, the latter have to be delivered in a MS Word format and I am not sure how to convert it. From the File menu I can export only to HTML and the original file type is RTF. Also, I have not received any TM for proofreading.

Is it enough to use the Preview Translation command from the File menu or is there something else to it?

I thank you very much for your help and advice.

Anna

PS I am using SDLX 2006.
Collapse

Truc Tran Van
Truc Tran Van
Vietnam
Local time: 18:52
English to Vietnamese
File > Create Translation Mar 17, 2007

On SDL Edit windows, select menu File > Create Translation.

Sometime I could not use this function when the ITD was not created by myself.

For proofreading, you don't need a TM, but you can create new one to use it and update your TM for later use.

[Edited at 2007-03-17 06:48]

Flavio Granados F
Flavio Granados F  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 07:52
English to Spanish
You can use the Compare tool Mar 17, 2007

Dear Anna

You can use the Compare function for proofreading.

Open a new folder
Copy the itd files to be proofreaded (Use same names)
Proofread/edit the files
Use the function Compare (SDLX window) for trackchanges, it results in HTML file.
Copy and paste the HTML file's tables into any Word file. So you have the itd file in Word format.

Flavio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert an .itd file to a .doc

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »