Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:54
English to German
+ ...
Mar 22, 2007

Dear Collegues,

I have searched for this problem but have not found an answer, so I thought I'd better asked you.

I am rather familiar with importing Terms via an Excel-Sheet and have now the problem that one of my clients wants me to export my termbase into a similar format.

For my imports I use an excel-sheet with colums:
German German English English

Below those "titles" are the terms in colums, so I have the German and English ter
... See more
Dear Collegues,

I have searched for this problem but have not found an answer, so I thought I'd better asked you.

I am rather familiar with importing Terms via an Excel-Sheet and have now the problem that one of my clients wants me to export my termbase into a similar format.

For my imports I use an excel-sheet with colums:
German German English English

Below those "titles" are the terms in colums, so I have the German and English terms in one line. Do you see what I mean?

When I make an export with Multiterm, I get an Excel-sheet with German and English terms in one column but different lines. And I cannot interchange columns and lines.

How can I define an export where I get a spreadsheet with exactly the same format as an import-sheet?

Thanks a million for your help!

If anything is not clear, please tell me how I can specify...

Have a nice evening, everybody!

I am working with Trados 7 and Office 2003.
Collapse

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
html Mar 22, 2007

The easiest way to get there is to use the default HTML export definition.
You can copy (if necessary) the entire HTML into word; and from there each column into excel.

The harder (and less elegant) way is to force your export straight into an excel map (use -I think- tab delimited, not csv in customized export) after which you'll need to delete quite a few columns entirely.

For both exports: all fields (index AND descriptive) need to have a value: if not your col
... See more
The easiest way to get there is to use the default HTML export definition.
You can copy (if necessary) the entire HTML into word; and from there each column into excel.

The harder (and less elegant) way is to force your export straight into an excel map (use -I think- tab delimited, not csv in customized export) after which you'll need to delete quite a few columns entirely.

For both exports: all fields (index AND descriptive) need to have a value: if not your columns will be useless (unless you exclude fields that haven't all been given a value from the export).

Anyway: you'll get there, I'm sure.
Collapse

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 13:54
English to Spanish
Open a new MS Word document... Mar 23, 2007

Open the MultiTerm you need to export.

Go to the MSWord menu:
TABLE > MULTITERM TABLE > ENABLE "TWO COLUMNS" AND CLICK ACCEPT.

A brand new two columns table will be created (based on your current MultiTerm).

This will work if you have the MultiTerm template in your Word application.

Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to you two! Mar 26, 2007

I have tried with html, and it seems a good idea.

In Word, Tadzio, I do not find MULTITERM TABLE under "TABLE".

Can you help me?

Thanks and have a nice monday...

Sun is shining here...

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 13:54
English to Spanish
The MultiTerm Template should be loaded on Word... Apr 8, 2007

On this image you'll see two arrows. The first shows that I have the MT template loaded. And the second arrow shows where the MT template should be loaded. (Just find the template, copy & paste.)
Click here: http://traducciones-mexico.com/PROZ/multi_1.jpg

On this image, you'll see various MultiTerm applications already loaded on my MS Word. (And there are more! Just look
... See more
On this image you'll see two arrows. The first shows that I have the MT template loaded. And the second arrow shows where the MT template should be loaded. (Just find the template, copy & paste.)
Click here: http://traducciones-mexico.com/PROZ/multi_1.jpg

On this image, you'll see various MultiTerm applications already loaded on my MS Word. (And there are more! Just look for them on the Word menu.)
Click here: http://traducciones-mexico.com/PROZ/multi_2.jpg

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Format Multiterm-Export

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »