Thread poster: kifriedman

kifriedman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:36
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 23, 2007

I am translating a TagEditor document prepared in InDesign, which I don't own. Every time I hit the Enter key after typing in my translation, I get an error box reading "Filter definition not found: TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0". If I hit OK or "X" the box, it moves on, but it slows up the entire translation job. I also can't run the "Translate to Fuzzy" icon, because this keeps stopping the run. Can I get rid of this error message?

Direct link Reply with quote

Valentina_D  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:36
English to Italian
+ ...
amazing Mar 23, 2007

I have the same problem in a project I'm working on at the moment, with the only difference that the error message reads: ""Filter definition not found: TRADOS Word Filter 1.0.0.0" (Word continues to be a haunting presence even when I work with Tageditor! ).
It only slows down the process in 100% matches, which are not many.
I would be interested in hearing from other collegues who know how to solve this.

Good luck!

Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
filter including a different "case" letter in the name Mar 23, 2007

A colleague suggested renaming something in Trados installation directory. I don't recall exactly! . I recall something like that: an InDesign... is searched for, but the directory cointained Indesign... or the contrary. Just renaming in order to change lower or upped D, and the problem was solved.

regards
Ilde

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
DVX Mar 23, 2007

I had this problem with Indesign filter and Excel filter.
I solved it by translating the TTX files in Déjà Vu X.

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Translating a TTX files in Déjà Vu Mar 23, 2007

Harry Bornemann wrote:

I had this problem with Indesign filter and Excel filter.
I solved it by translating the TTX files in Déjà Vu X.

And is Déjà Vu able to return a (bilingual) TTX file that will automatically validate in a Trados environment?

Sincerely curious,
Gerard

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Certain precautions have to be taken Mar 23, 2007

Gerard de Noord wrote:
And is Déjà Vu able to return a (bilingual) TTX file that will automatically validate in a Trados environment?

Yes, it is.

But you have to make sure 2 points:

1) Before importing the TTX file into DVX, you have to make sure that it is fully segmented (non-segmented sentences would be ignored in the import).
This can be achieved by pretranslating it using an empty Trados TM and checking the box: "segment unknown sentences"

2) To make sure that it will validate in any Trados environment, you have to make sure that you won't change the sequence of the tags within a segment in DVX (you can set the DVX options to monitor this).

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Juggling TTX Mar 24, 2007

Harry Bornemann wrote:

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Yes, it is.

Thanks,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor Error messages "Filter definition not found:

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search