Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:54
English to German
+ ...
Mar 26, 2007

Dear Collegues

I have received a TM from my customer.
Normally I only import an txt file with workbench, but this time it seems not to work. client sent me 6 other files (plus one txt. whicht I imported and which can not be used) with names like
I7C54FBB.$04
I7C54FBB.$03
I7C54FBB.$06
I7C54FBB

(the last has the icon of Trados Workbench)

What will I have to do with these? The client says he doesn't know exactly...
Thanks
... See more
Dear Collegues

I have received a TM from my customer.
Normally I only import an txt file with workbench, but this time it seems not to work. client sent me 6 other files (plus one txt. whicht I imported and which can not be used) with names like
I7C54FBB.$04
I7C54FBB.$03
I7C54FBB.$06
I7C54FBB

(the last has the icon of Trados Workbench)

What will I have to do with these? The client says he doesn't know exactly...
Thanks a million for your help!

PS: Using Tageditor and Trados 7. (on windows xp)
Collapse

Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
As far as I know Mar 26, 2007

These files had not been extracted, they had been directly taken out of the TT directory of Trados directory itself. This means you can try to copy them into the TT directory and you will have an extra TM when you are looking through Workbench.

The problem is, this only works IF the client has the same trados version as you. If it had been taken from another (older or more recent) version of Trados, Workbench may not recognize the file.

If it doesn't work, somebody with
... See more
These files had not been extracted, they had been directly taken out of the TT directory of Trados directory itself. This means you can try to copy them into the TT directory and you will have an extra TM when you are looking through Workbench.

The problem is, this only works IF the client has the same trados version as you. If it had been taken from another (older or more recent) version of Trados, Workbench may not recognize the file.

If it doesn't work, somebody with the same Trados Version will have to export the TM.
Collapse

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
One .tmw file and 4 index files Mar 26, 2007

Hi Leena,

A Trados TM is made out of 5 files, 4 of them being index files. Simply open the .tmw file in the Workbench (the one with the Trados icon) and it should be OK.

HTH,
Sylvain

Leena vom Hofe
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Yolande Mar 26, 2007

I have received a txt.Export file of the TM which I imported into a newly created TM. WB says. imported 1537 TU successfully.
But when I start translating I can not save new TU.
What can this mean?
Normally this has always worked fine..

I have tried to copy those files into the TT directory, but this does not change anything. I will call my client to ask which version he uses.

Thanks again.

Leena vom Hofe
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thats what I tried in the first place Mar 26, 2007

Hi Sylvain,

this is what I tried, but with "open" in WB I can not find this file.
It is no tmw-file as it has no extension at all.

What does this mean?

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
What happens... Mar 26, 2007

... if you double click on the file with the Trados icon ?
Which Trados icon is this ? Workbench, TagEditor (they look fast alike) ?...

It is recommended to display the extensions of all files in your computer (go to Tools > Folder options > Display and unmark the "Hide extensions for known files... I have the French version, so the titles may vary).

Sylvain

Leena vom Hofe
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
extension is .$02 Mar 26, 2007

In my folder options the displaying of extensions is activated. Thanks for the tip! The icon is a workbench-icon not TagEd.

BUT: Its not the normal Icon, it is the icon on a white sheet, not the normal icon for TMs.

When I double-click, Workbench opens and says "System can not find this file" (in German)

I have not yet reached my client...

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

[Edited at 2007-03-26 07:58]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM customer sent me - import

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »