Installing Trados 6.5 on a new computer
Thread poster: Ross Andrew Parker

Ross Andrew Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:12
Catalan to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2007

I just bought a new computer. I thought I would be able to download and install Trados 6.5 from the Trados "Translation Zone" but when I click on download nothing seems to happen (I get a message saying that Internet Explorer can't show the page). Is this because this version of Trados is now obsolete? Also, the login ID and password I was given when I bought Tradod 6.5 no longer seem to be recognised. I still have Trados 6.5 installed on another computer. Will I have to upgrade to a more recent version to install Trados and MultiTerm on my new computer? Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 04:12
English to Indonesian
+ ...
exe/msi file Mar 30, 2007

do you keep the exe file? because if you do, then you don't have to download it.

Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados installed! Mar 30, 2007

I had kept the exe file but my first several attempts to use it didn't work. Now it seems that I have managed to install 6.5. Hopefully I'll also be able to install MultiTerm!

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 04:12
English to Indonesian
+ ...
.net first Mar 31, 2007

i think you should installed the .net file first. i experienced the same thing before, i.e. failed to install it for several times.

Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mission accomplished Mar 31, 2007

Thanks for the suggestion, Mulyadi. After some initial obstacles I seem to have succeeded in installing both Trados and MultiTerm.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Trados 6.5 on a new computer

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search