How to find closest untranslated section?
Thread poster: Paul Adie

Paul Adie  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 4, 2007

Dear All,

I am using Tag Editor to translate a huge Excel file. I have pre-translated, but is there a way of finding the first (and next) sections to be translated, ie, those which have not matched 100%?

Any help would be appreciated

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

Marion Lurf  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:43
English to German
+ ...
Open Next no 100%/Get Apr 4, 2007

Hi Paul,

Use the commands Open Next no 100%/Get (keyboard shortcut Alt+Ctrl+Home) and Set Close Next no 100% Open Get (keyboard Alt+Ctrl+Num+), respectively. This way TagEditor will go through the file ignoring all 100% matches.
Alternatively, you can mark them as Xtranslated segments (they will appear greyed out), but I suppose for what you're trying to do, either method will be fine.

On a note aside, I would advise you to familiarise yourself with the tools you're working with, e.g. by reading some Trados tutorials. This is the only way you can work with them effectively - starting with the most basic functions you were enquiring about today. All the best!

Marion

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find closest untranslated section?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search