TagEditor plug-ins working intermittently: Trados 2007
Thread poster: Paul Malone

Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:51
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 6, 2007

I installed SDL Trados 2007 yesterday and everything seems to be working properly except the TagEditor plugins.

They work the first time I want to use them after starting the application, for example to check the spelling, but after I've used the plug-ins once, I get the message 'You cannot use plug-ins in the demo version of SDL Trados TagEditor'.

The license seems to be OK when checking it in the License Manager, as far as I can tell.

Does anybody have any ideas? Is anyone else having this problems?

The full version number is SDL Trados TagEditor 8.0.0.820 (Build 820).

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:51
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Same here... Apr 6, 2007

Don't have any solutions yet.

At least we know it is not related to a particular computer. Hey, maybe if someone with paid support has that problem as well, they might even fix it...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:51
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you use the license file or did you activate the software? Apr 6, 2007

I'm afraid the license file is not a valid license way for the freelance version anymore. In my case I've got Trados working, but it said "Demo until May 5".
When you read the corresponding article from SDL Knowledge Base you will see, that freelancers have to switch to the new licensing system.
I think your problems are corresponding with this.

HTH
Jerzy


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 18:51
English to Portuguese
That bug is not a general one... Apr 6, 2007

I don't think it is a general problem: I am not experiencing that. TagEditor 2007 is spellchecking correctly in my installation (Vista Ultimate 64-bit, Office 2007, no previous Office or Trados installations).

Regarding the license, the old "lic" files are not used anymore. I had to go to "My Licenses" in SDL e get the key code. The message I received from SDL warned about that. The key code is asked for during the installation.

If the problems is not license-related, I would remove everything Trados (even registry values if under Win XP) and reinstall it.

Rgds

Edric

[Edited at 2007-04-06 17:29]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:51
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Activated properly... Apr 6, 2007

TagEditor is activated properly with the online code, it says so in the Help window. Besides, as Paul wrote, the plugins sometimes work, for a minute or so, before going off again.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:51
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think you are right Jerzy; the issue seems to be resolved Apr 6, 2007

Thanks for your comments and suggestions guys.

The issue seems to be resolved now. In fact I had registered on line, but there seems to have been some sort of conflict with the .lic file, as far as I can work out.

After much messing about I simply moved the licence (.lic) file to another location so that the License Manager could no longer read it, and this seems to have solved the issue.

Strange, but true. I'm no longer getting the error message for the time being anyway.

Maybe you could try this too Jabberwock.

Perhaps I did something wrong during the new activation procedure??

Or maybe I should simply have deleted the .lic file from the start?

Thanks again and best regards,
Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:51
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Strange, as this does not happen to me at all Apr 6, 2007

And I did not move my license file. It is where it was previously.

Strange ineed
Regards
Jerzy


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:51
Member (2004)
English to Polish
It worked! Apr 6, 2007

Yes, removing the license worked.

I've also noticed that they fixed the improper scrolling during spellcheck and search, however, now TE does not save the positions and toggling of toolbars (so now they take up much more space). Well, I could live with that...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:51
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Well, my Tageditor does save also the toolbar positions Apr 7, 2007

Even better, TE 2007 has adapted all settings I had in TE 2006!

If you have problem with this, please go to Trados installation folder and find a file with "manifest" in its name. Rename it to something you can easily restore and then try again. TE should then keep the settings.

HTH
Jerzy


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor plug-ins working intermittently: Trados 2007

Advanced search







SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search