SDL Trados 2007 (freelance upgrade) - Installation Guide?
Thread poster: Annette Heinrich
Annette Heinrich
Annette Heinrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:42
Member (2009)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Apr 9, 2007

Dear colleagues,

after some of you reported problems with the installation of this new version, I decided to read through the installation guide first. But I simply can't find any installation instructions, neither in my download area nor elsewhere on the SDL website.

The email announcing that the upgrade is available for download said: "For more information on installation and licensing, refer to the Installation Guide that is included with SDL Trados 2007." Do I firs
... See more
Dear colleagues,

after some of you reported problems with the installation of this new version, I decided to read through the installation guide first. But I simply can't find any installation instructions, neither in my download area nor elsewhere on the SDL website.

The email announcing that the upgrade is available for download said: "For more information on installation and licensing, refer to the Installation Guide that is included with SDL Trados 2007." Do I first have to install the product in order to access the Installation Guide?

But maybe I was just too blind to find it... any detectives among you who found this ominous document BEFORE installing?

Thanks!
Annette
Collapse

Traduziona
Traduziona
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Installation Apr 9, 2007

Hi, after three days of struggle I finally properly installed and registered the software.
In my case SDL Trados 2007 did not upgrade previous version, just installed itself in a different folder. The problem was the license (each time requesting the location of the file) and running in trial mode.
I called FOUR TIMES today the SDL support, no answer
I tried several times to look into My License at SDL website but it was not running and finally this afternoon showed up at SDL
... See more
Hi, after three days of struggle I finally properly installed and registered the software.
In my case SDL Trados 2007 did not upgrade previous version, just installed itself in a different folder. The problem was the license (each time requesting the location of the file) and running in trial mode.
I called FOUR TIMES today the SDL support, no answer
I tried several times to look into My License at SDL website but it was not running and finally this afternoon showed up at SDL website (my account) (My Licenses) the code to register it.
To register it, open SDL License Manager, then click on activate Online, insert the code and that's all (as you can see you need the activation code)
I hope this can help you.
Chicho
Collapse

Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
Sorry wrong post Apr 10, 2007

[Edited at 2007-04-10 06:29]

Terejimenez
Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
A solution to start SDL Trados 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I was having trouble to start Tageditor, Winalign and Workbench after installing SDL Trados 2007 Trial Version.
I got this reply from SDL Trados 2007. It worked for me.

One option could be to download and install the following Service Pack for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime from the following URL,
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I was having trouble to start Tageditor, Winalign and Workbench after installing SDL Trados 2007 Trial Version.
I got this reply from SDL Trados 2007. It worked for me.

One option could be to download and install the following Service Pack for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime from the following URL, http://downloadcentre.sdl.com/UPDATE/vcredist_x86-sp1.exe and run your installation again to install the activation utility.

For further details see the following announcment.

http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2132&p_created=1176903407&p_sid=I5PANuzi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0xMTUzJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Regards,

Tere
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 (freelance upgrade) - Installation Guide?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »