TRADOS 2007 and WORD 2007: I can't open a new Translation Unit
Thread poster: emilie pécheul

emilie pécheul
France
Local time: 11:42
Member (2006)
English to French
Apr 22, 2007

Hi
I've recently upgraded to Trados 2007 on my computer (Word 2007), the Trados Menu is visible, workbench is open, but when I click on "open"a, no translation unit appears, do you know how to fix that problem?
thanks!


 

TransLangues  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 11:42
English to French
+ ...
Track changes disabled? Apr 22, 2007

Emilie Pecheul wrote:

Hi
I've recently upgraded to Trados 2007 on my computer (Word 2007), the Trados Menu is visible, workbench is open, but when I click on "open"a, no translation unit appears, do you know how to fix that problem?
thanks!


Hi Emilie,
Did you disable Track Changes (automatically ON in Word 2007)? this did the trick for me (but Word told me to do so...).
Regards,
Muriel Mattiussi - TransLangues


 

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:42
English to French
+ ...
Page break Apr 23, 2007

I have encountered the same problem. In my case, the problem was that there was a page break right after the last character of the segment. It's as though Trados was including the page break in the segment, but Trados can't handle page breaks inside segments.

My fix: go to the end of the segment and press Enter (line break). This will add a blank line underneath the segment. However, since there is a page break following it, in 99% of cases, the appearance of the page will stay exactly the same. Then, if you go back and try to open the segment again, it will open as normal and you'll be able to edit it. For the other 1% of cases, I suggest to leave the particular segment untranslated and let the client know about the problem as well as supply the translation of the untranslated segment separately. This way, you have done your work despite the layout problem but the client will have control over the layout of the document as well (you will not have busted their precious layout).

All the best!


 

emilie pécheul
France
Local time: 11:42
Member (2006)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
doesn't work Apr 23, 2007

for the moment, I'm trying again.. no way to open a TU anyway!
thanks, Emilie


 

emilie pécheul
France
Local time: 11:42
Member (2006)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
solution!!! May 26, 2007

I've uninstalled trados 2007 and reinstalled the 882 patch (available in "my doawnloads" on the trados site), and now it seems to be working... great!

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 2007 and WORD 2007: I can't open a new Translation Unit

Advanced search







CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search