Tag Runtime error
Thread poster: Agnieszka Majchrzak

Agnieszka Majchrzak  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:23
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 27, 2007

Tadeditor rejects to save the document. A message appears "Runtime error Runtime request to terminate in an unusual way"
I use Trados freelance 7.1.0.719 build 719

Direct link Reply with quote

Sabine Ide  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
Tag Runtime Error May 2, 2007

Hi Agnieszka,

I had the same problem trying to save the target text of a document I translated in TagEditor. Till now, I could not resolve the problem... so unfortunately, I can´t help you...

Best regards,
Sabine

Miranda Verswijvelen  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 18:23
English to Flemish
+ ...
Join the club May 14, 2007

I've got the same trouble - not very handy if it is a proofreading and you have to deliver it today...

Hope someone posts a solution to this soon

English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still the same problem Jun 6, 2007

I still have the same problem. It makes work with TagEditor impossible. I hope some of the wise people who invented it would help.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Well, now I feel as a doctor... Jun 6, 2007

called at midnight by a patient, who claims to have pain somwhere in the chest.
How can the doctor give a diagnosis, when he has no more information?

You did not provide us with any information about your documents you wanna save. Also other here in this thread use only to complain having pain, but don't specify where.
Sorry if this may sound rude, but under such circumstances I don't think you should have the right to critisize anything.

Please provide us with full data of your case, especially with the kind of file you wanna save, and with the ways you created the file and so on.

Jerzy

English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
details Jun 7, 2007

Making a doctor angry was not the thing I meant to do. Please excuse me and let me give you some details. I would appreciate your help a lot.

I am trying to save html and xml files. This is how I open them:

I open TagEditor;
Open the file
In TagSettings I select ini template sent by my client.
The file opens. Everything is ok.

When I choose Save bilingual As. The message "Runtime error" pops up and TagEditor closes. The text translated is saved in TM though.

As a bit of explaining for myself; I posted this thread error on technical forum a month ago, if I had known more details are needed I would have posted them much earlier. I got a little desperate having to deal with still the same problem.

If you need any other details, please let me know and I would be happy to send them to you.

Agnieszka

English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible solution Jun 11, 2007

I managed to deal with the problem. I open the text for translation in TagEditor and save it before starting the translation. After that i use the option Save Bilingual As... and everything seems to work.
Also, Trados support suggested registering the components of the Trados package choosing from the menu Start - Programes - SDL International - SDL Trados -
Register SDL Trados components.
I hope it will help you too.
agnieszka

ksbtranslation  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 12:23
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Not solved yet Jul 9, 2007

Agnieszka Majchrzak wrote:

I managed to deal with the problem. I open the text for translation in TagEditor and save it before starting the translation. After that i use the option Save Bilingual As... and everything seems to work.
Also, Trados support suggested registering the components of the Trados package choosing from the menu Start - Programes - SDL International - SDL Trados -
Register SDL Trados components.
I hope it will help you too.
agnieszka

I tried to follow what you have done but I still found the error.
I think the problem comes from unregistered dll files. Do I have to reinstall the software?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Runtime error

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search