Thread poster: France Mercier (X)
France Mercier (X)
France Mercier (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:36
English to French
+ ...
Apr 27, 2007

Since I installed Trados 2007, things are bad. For now, I still use Trados 2006. For 2 days now, when I work in TagEditor, it seems my keyboard is crazy. I cant find the accents, etc. I checked the properties and everything is fine. In fact, I got no problem when working in Word. It is acting up only in TagEditor. Is my TagEditor haunted?

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 11:36
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
My TagEditor 2007 is DoA Apr 28, 2007

It just beeps (more like burps) at me.

Regards

Vito

XP w SP2

[Edited at 2007-04-28 13:11]

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
English to German
+ ...
Windows Language Bar and TagEditor Preferences Apr 28, 2007

Hello France,

For 2 days now, when I work in TagEditor, it seems my keyboard is crazy. I cant find the accents, etc.

First, please check, if your keyboard is in the correct input method when you are in TagEditor. Please check the Windows Language Bar if the correct language is set when your cursor focus is in TagEditor. For more information please see Microsoft Article Q306993 ("How to use the Language Bar in Windows XP").

I checked the properties and everything is fine.

Do you mean the settings in
> Tools > "Options..." > Edit > Keyboard > "Switch keyboards automatically"
or where did you check "the properties"? You might try to turn off "Switch keyboards automatically" first of all.

Best regards,
Stefan Gentz
TRACOM OHG

[Bearbeitet am 2007-04-28 20:55]

[Bearbeitet am 2007-04-28 20:55]

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
TagEditor 8.0 behaves now... May 9, 2007

...that I have installed the latest build (822 of May 3rd 2007). So anybody experiencing strange things with 2007, install the new build first.

Vito

running XP SP2

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor vs Keyboard

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »