Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Erik Freitag Germany Local time: 10:08 Member (2006) Dutch to German + ...
May 3, 2007
I'm using SDL Trados 2006. I've created a termbase from a txt file. If I search for terms in MultiTerm standalone, everything works fine: I can search for terms in EN, and Multiterm shows me the relevant target terms. The source index is EN-UK, then I have three target fields (labelled Deutsch 1, Deutsch 2, Deutsch 3), which are indexed as target fields (DE).
However, if I try to use the termbase with Trados Workbench, Multiterm still finds the relevant source terms in the segment and displays them in the workbench-window, but the corresponding target terms are not shown. Instead, I get an error message saying "No target term available in MultiTerm entry". I've checked the language settings and they seem to be ok (at least, term recognition works well).
Thanks in advance for your help!
Kind regards, Erik
P.S.: I found out that this has to do with the setting of a second termbase in MultiTerm. MultiTerm returns the error message "No target term..." for every termbase that is not selected as default termbase. In other words: Multiterm correctly recognises terms in all opened termbases, but returns target terms only for the termbase selected as the default one.
PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.
Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer.
Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools.
Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free