Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:25
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
May 3, 2007

Hi!

I'm using SDL Trados 2006. I've created a termbase from a txt file. If I search for terms in MultiTerm standalone, everything works fine: I can search for terms in EN, and Multiterm shows me the relevant target terms. The source index is EN-UK, then I have three target fields (labelled Deutsch 1, Deutsch 2, Deutsch 3), which are indexed as target fields (DE).

However, if I try to use the termbase with Trados Workbench, Multiterm still finds the relevant source terms in the segment and displays them in the workbench-window, but the corresponding target terms are not shown. Instead, I get an error message saying "No target term available in MultiTerm entry". I've checked the language settings and they seem to be ok (at least, term recognition works well).

What's happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Erik

P.S.: I found out that this has to do with the setting of a second termbase in MultiTerm. MultiTerm returns the error message "No target term..." for every termbase that is not selected as default termbase.
In other words: Multiterm correctly recognises terms in all opened termbases, but returns target terms only for the termbase selected as the default one.

There has been a forum post (http://www.proz.com/post/434022#434022) about an obviously similar problem, but with no helpful solution for me.

Please help!

[Bearbeitet am 2007-05-03 09:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No target term available in MultiTerm entry

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search