https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/72176-multiterm_extract_is_indeed_a_great_facility.html

Multiterm Extract is indeed a great facility
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 13:31
English to German
+ ...
May 4, 2007

i just wanted to share my experience. I had this tool for a while, but neglected, because it has become very rare that the outsourcers really ask for customized dictionaries or detailed terminology issues, etc., Yet here it is I had tried installing it once , and did not register that it needed a particular java 1.4.2.08 environment. It runs great and I find it an amazingly good tool. I wanted to share this that is all. Brandis

megane_wang
megane_wang  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is! May 5, 2007

It is, but I suffered a real nightmare trying to remove JRE 1.5.3. It seems that even if both JRE can stay together, 1.4.x install crashed every time 1.5.x was in the way. The result is that I simply cannot use my "flexible" license in my studio... **sigh**

Anyway, I have been able to use it to prepare glossaries for a couple of projects and update my own terminologies, and I found it to be fast and easy to deal with. For me, it has been a good investment!!

... and it w
... See more
It is, but I suffered a real nightmare trying to remove JRE 1.5.3. It seems that even if both JRE can stay together, 1.4.x install crashed every time 1.5.x was in the way. The result is that I simply cannot use my "flexible" license in my studio... **sigh**

Anyway, I have been able to use it to prepare glossaries for a couple of projects and update my own terminologies, and I found it to be fast and easy to deal with. For me, it has been a good investment!!

... and it would have been a real pleasure if it only worked with JRE 1.5.x, Trados developers, come on, try to solve that !!

Ruth @MW

[Edited at 2007-05-05 13:52]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
J2SE 5 update 9 May 9, 2007

Hi, Try this solution. I am running both jre 1.4.2_08 and j2SE 5 update 9 and both are functioning well. Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Extract is indeed a great facility

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »