Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:08
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
May 5, 2007

I played around with the maintain-function. The original TM (mdb) had 50 segments, which were visible in the windows left and right. Then I imported a tmx, which I previously had created from wordfast. Maintain took a lot of time and announced, that 8300 segments were imported. But I still cannot see anything else than the 50 original segments. Why is that, and why is Maintain so slow importing and exporting compared to Wordfast and Trados?
Size of the tms-file is 114 Mb, which is huge compared to the 1 Mb I imported from Wf.

Can someone explain?
Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:08
English to German
+ ...
There should be several pages in your TM May 6, 2007

Hello Heinrich,

In SDL Maintain, TMs are by default displayed on pages, each page containing 50 segments. You should be able to scroll through the TM and view all your segments segments by clicking on the arrow buttons in the toolbar.

I cannot say anything regarding the speed when it comes to importing. I have always had the impression that Trados is a lot slower than SDLX when you import big TMs.

If you feel that your translation memory is too big in size, you can compact it. Open the TM in Maintain and select Tools > Utilities > Compact Translation Memory. The TM should be considerably smaller afterwards.

HTH

Regards,
claudia

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:08
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Claudia May 7, 2007

That explaines why I see only 50 segments. I have discarded those huge files, something must have gone wrong when importing these.
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2006: imported segments do not show

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search