Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:55
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
May 5, 2007

I have just updated to the new 2007 Trados and Multiterm versions. Unfortunately, since installing them Trados cannot connect up with Multiterm in order to recognise terminology.

So far, I have apparently successfully installed and licensed them both. I then created a new TM for the translation I want to do this evening. As usual, I clicked on "Options" and then "Term Recognition Options". In the box it says, "Multiterm 5 (TRADOS 5)". I try to change it to "Multiterm 7", but to no avail. I get the error message: "(-2147467259)". For this reason, I can also not, in the box underneath, browse to add the required termbases. I can try, but the location at which they are stored is empty for so long as "Multiterm 5" is marked. They are, however, all still there; I have checked.

I cannot really envisage working without term recognition, even for one translation (or rather three, since I have three to do this weekend). Can anyone throw any light on the subject?

Astrid

P.S. I can look at the termbases in Multiterm, i.e. look up terms as if it were a paper dictionary, but the option to add entries is somehow disabled, as well.

[Edited at 2007-05-05 16:20]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition disabled

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search