https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/72248-trados_translator_workbench_has_encountered_a_problem_and_needs_to_close.html

TRADOS Translator Workbench has encountered a problem and needs to close
Thread poster: Celine Courcy (X)
Celine Courcy (X)
Celine Courcy (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
French to English
May 5, 2007

Hi
I keep getting this error in the middle of translation which closes Translator Workbench.

I get stuck in a segment and I cannot go any futher with it. All I can do is restore source.

When I get back into it, TW then shows an error at the bottom saying: "Key already exists in C:\documents and settings\me\my documents\translations\trados\french to english.iix"

Even after rebooting my PC and restarting workbench, I still can't go any further than th
... See more
Hi
I keep getting this error in the middle of translation which closes Translator Workbench.

I get stuck in a segment and I cannot go any futher with it. All I can do is restore source.

When I get back into it, TW then shows an error at the bottom saying: "Key already exists in C:\documents and settings\me\my documents\translations\trados\french to english.iix"

Even after rebooting my PC and restarting workbench, I still can't go any further than that segment.

I managed eventually to go past this segment by ignoring it but then this happens again within minutes on another segment - this happens especially when consecutive 100% matches are found.

If anyone knows how to resolve this please please help - I have a deadline to meet and am really getting stressed out
Collapse

TransReliable
TransReliable
English to Vietnamese
Let's try a bit of manual trick!!! May 5, 2007

You may try copy the "OK" part and make a new file, then work with the new file. Dont know if that works, but I have met the same problem with a word file and I had to do so. Good luck!!!

Celine Courcy (X)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - yes it sometimes work - but not always May 5, 2007

TransReliable wrote:

You may try copy the "OK" part and make a new file, then work with the new file. Dont know if that works, but I have met the same problem with a word file and I had to do so. Good luck!!!

Thanks for this. It does not always work though. Since then I have clicked on "Fix document" in the Trados menu and the error has not recurred - touch wood!

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:26
English to Spanish
"Knock" on wood May 5, 2007

I hope it did not crash again.

Celine Courcy (X)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Luisa. So far so good! May 5, 2007

Thanks Luisa. So far so good!
I'll update the forum later to confirm if this definitely fixed or not.

Vidmantas Stilius
Vidmantas Stilius  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:26
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
In memoriam
The same story May 5, 2007

I have been using SDL Trados 2007 for a couple of weeks now and get the whole bunch of problems already discussed in these fora. I had never faced such problems with the older version and regret the upgrading.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS Translator Workbench has encountered a problem and needs to close

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »