Batch translation Trados 7
Thread poster: Laurent Slowack

Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:07
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 14, 2007

Is it possible to do batch translation in Trados 7 with a remote TM I am connected to, or is it only possible with a local TM. How, if possible, is it done because the functions 'analyse' 'batch', not even 'cleanup' only appear greyed out, so they are not available.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 00:07
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
I have no experience with that.... May 14, 2007

... but I can always pretranslate with the local TM.

Do I understand it correctly, you can not pretranslate with a remote TM?! RFor me this would simply mean it is useless.

regards

Vito

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 00:07
English to Swedish
+ ...
Ask about the TM settings May 15, 2007

Hi Laurent and all,

Re. your question about batch translation: use Trados Glue (read the documentation or search the forum for more info).

Concerning the TM: most likely your client has restricted the settings. Ask them to unlock it or provide a superuser password.

Good luck,

Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Batch translation Trados 7

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search