Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:24
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
May 16, 2007

Hi,

I work with Trados 6.5 (6.5.5.441) and Office XP and have noticed the following issue.
If I translate a header using Trados in Word, it will not be taken into account when cleaning up. I have to go and do this manually. It's no big deal, but I was wondering if there is a solution to this.

Kristina

Direct link Reply with quote

Owen Davies
Japan
Local time: 07:24
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Macro schmacro May 16, 2007

Hi Kristina,
I have the same problem. I don't really understand why the Macro cleans them up, but the Cleanup function misses them...
Anyway, I usually run the Cleanup, then open the Clean file, ctrl + F8, scroll down to tw4winClean.Main and Run that. Cleans up everything including Headers and Footers. Of course you can't update your TM this way, but if it's just for headers/footers that's no big loss.
Would like to know if anyone has worked out how to do this without running the macro though.
Hope that helps.
All the best
Owen

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaning up headers in Trados 6.5

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search