Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 11:52
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
May 16, 2007

Hi,

I work with Trados 6.5 (6.5.5.441) and Office XP and have noticed the following issue.
If I translate a header using Trados in Word, it will not be taken into account when cleaning up. I have to go and do this manually. It's no big deal, but I was wondering if there is a solution to this.

Kristina

Owen Davies
Japan
Local time: 10:52
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Macro schmacro May 16, 2007

Hi Kristina,
I have the same problem. I don't really understand why the Macro cleans them up, but the Cleanup function misses them...
Anyway, I usually run the Cleanup, then open the Clean file, ctrl + F8, scroll down to tw4winClean.Main and Run that. Cleans up everything including Headers and Footers. Of course you can't update your TM this way, but if it's just for headers/footers that's no big loss.
Would like to know if anyone has worked out how to do this without running the macro though.
Hope that helps.
All the best
Owen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaning up headers in Trados 6.5

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search