https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/73286-is_it_possible_to_print_multiterm_termbases.html

Is it possible to print Multiterm termbases?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:30
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
May 17, 2007

I know that a single entry can be printed out. What I would like to know is whether a termbase can be exported in a format which makes it possible to print out the entire termbase?

What I mean is, since it is possible to create an Excel list of terms and import it into a termbase, is the reverse also possible?

Astrid

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Solution May 17, 2007

Open Multiterm, choose the project/termbase, then click on Termbase/Export Entries (Ctrl+Shift+E).
Choose, for example, Word Dictionary Export Definition, and click on Process.
In the new window specify the name of the exported file, and also set the file type - to rtf in this case.
You can also select html, or Tab-delimited export; in that case conversion to Excel should be easy.
HTH
Attila

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Super! It really works! May 17, 2007

Thanks, Attila! Yes, Word is fine. I have a nice little glossary to send to my client now.

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to print Multiterm termbases?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »