Thread poster: Ivan Eikås Skjøstad

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:17
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 17, 2007

Due to different kind of problems with SDL Trados my advice is to keep your current version of SDL Trados FL.

I have just downgraded to 7.5.0.756 and MT 7.1.0.361

I first installed Java runtime (j2sdk-1_4_2_14-windows-i586-p.exe) from https://sdlc5e.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=32B7E28B8F1F79CA89E51D011DF669FF

Now everything works 100 %.

Remember to install MT after you have installed WB

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
I went for less... May 18, 2007

...which is possibly as precarious as 2007 itself: I use twb 2007, MT 2007, and the old WinAlign and TagEditor. I dont feel comfortable about moving back to MT 2006 version.

XP SP2 with office 2003

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Money back May 18, 2007

I am planning to claim my money back for Trados FL 2007. I have not been able to use the software, so why should I pay for it?

Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 12:17
Member (2006)
English to Greek
+ ...
These are the sort of reported problems... May 18, 2007

... that have kept me from installing the upgrade released last month, especially since I was in the middle of a 65,000 word project and I didn't want to come face to face with any surprises.

I wouldn't go so far as to ask for my money back, however I WILL wait until the furore dies down a bit and I can confirm that the program upgrade is fully operational.

Good luck to us all...

And thanks to those who have been brave enough to try working with it so that they can find out the kinks!

Cheers all!

Lina

[Edited at 2007-05-18 17:47]

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Salvatorian approach preferred... May 19, 2007

I am planning to claim my money back for Trados FL 2007. I have not been able to use the software, so why should I pay for it?

... and I would prefer to have the product do what It's supposed to, and that is clean up its XP act and get compliant with Vista. Getting 90 € back just means cutting the costs, but it definitely does not solve the problem we may have to face sooner or later,

In any case I went and dusted off my wordfast license.
Regards

[Edited at 2007-05-19 19:51]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downgrade advise for SDL Trados

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search