https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/73322-downgrade_advise_for_sdl_trados.html

Downgrade advise for SDL Trados
Thread poster: Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 09:28
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 17, 2007

Due to different kind of problems with SDL Trados my advice is to keep your current version of SDL Trados FL.

I have just downgraded to 7.5.0.756 and MT 7.1.0.361

I first installed Java runtime (j2sdk-1_4_2_14-windows-i586-p.exe) from https://sdlc5e.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=32B7E28B8F1F79CA89E51D011DF669FF
... See more
Due to different kind of problems with SDL Trados my advice is to keep your current version of SDL Trados FL.

I have just downgraded to 7.5.0.756 and MT 7.1.0.361

I first installed Java runtime (j2sdk-1_4_2_14-windows-i586-p.exe) from https://sdlc5e.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=32B7E28B8F1F79CA89E51D011DF669FF

Now everything works 100 %.

Remember to install MT after you have installed WB
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I went for less... May 18, 2007

...which is possibly as precarious as 2007 itself: I use twb 2007, MT 2007, and the old WinAlign and TagEditor. I dont feel comfortable about moving back to MT 2006 version.

XP SP2 with office 2003

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Money back May 18, 2007

I am planning to claim my money back for Trados FL 2007. I have not been able to use the software, so why should I pay for it?

Angeliki Papadopoulou
Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:28
English to Greek
+ ...
These are the sort of reported problems... May 18, 2007

... that have kept me from installing the upgrade released last month, especially since I was in the middle of a 65,000 word project and I didn't want to come face to face with any surprises.

I wouldn't go so far as to ask for my money back, however I WILL wait until the furore dies down a bit and I can confirm that the program upgrade is fully operational.

Good luck to us all...

And thanks to those who have been brave enough to try working with it so tha
... See more
... that have kept me from installing the upgrade released last month, especially since I was in the middle of a 65,000 word project and I didn't want to come face to face with any surprises.

I wouldn't go so far as to ask for my money back, however I WILL wait until the furore dies down a bit and I can confirm that the program upgrade is fully operational.

Good luck to us all...

And thanks to those who have been brave enough to try working with it so that they can find out the kinks!

Cheers all!

Lina

[Edited at 2007-05-18 17:47]
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Salvatorian approach preferred... May 19, 2007

I am planning to claim my money back for Trados FL 2007. I have not been able to use the software, so why should I pay for it?

... and I would prefer to have the product do what It's supposed to, and that is clean up its XP act and get compliant with Vista. Getting 90 € back just means cutting the costs, but it definitely does not solve the problem we may have to face sooner or later,

In any case I went and dusted off my wordfast license.
Regards

[Edited at 2007-05-19 19:51]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downgrade advise for SDL Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »