where to download ingen2.exe
Thread poster: Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:10
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 18, 2007

I searched the forum and found this question has already been asked(http://www.proz.com/topic/45015). But the download link provided in the thread lead me to Trados website. I searched there for ingen2.exe without any result. Can anyone help me?

I use Trados 7.0 and need to create DTD setting for xml files.

Direct link Reply with quote

Donglai Lou  Identity Verified
China
Member (2002)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Here is the link you need. May 19, 2007

Hi! Zhoudan,

here is the link you need to download that tool.

http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=KvhY3YBi&p_accessibility=0&p_tbl=9&p_id=660&p_created=1125664307&p_olh=0

Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a billion May 19, 2007

Hi Donglai,

You are great!

After downloading the file, I found myself stuck in the second step (change current directory).

I finally ended up with TagEditor Wizard, which seemed less complicated than changing directory.

Regards,

Zhou Dan

[Edited at 2007-05-19 12:42]

China
Member (2002)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I never used the tool May 20, 2007

Actually, I should say thank you for letting me know the existence of this tool.

My current project is so tiring, so I wandered here yesterday to get relaxed. Your thread jumped into my eyes and triggered my curiosity.

I have been wondering for a long time how people create these ini files. Now your posting answered my question. There is an additional tool.

I decided to challenge my internet search ability. fortunately, it didn't disappoint me:). The tool will be kept in my software arsenal for future use.

[修改时间: 2007-05-20 00:30]

Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TagEditor Tag Setting Manager May 20, 2007

Hi DongLai,

You can also create ini files by Tag Settings Manager (TagEditor -Tool-Tag Setting). Look at the Trados Tutorial (Advanced Features), and you will find intuitive instructions about how to create these files.

I have tried this and translated an xml file in TagEditor using the ini file thus created. But I may have done something wrong in the process, as the resulted xml translation cannot be opened in IE, though it can be opened in NotePad (no font corruption). Maybe more experiments are needed before I really find the trick.

Donglai Lou wrote:

I have been wondering for a long time how people create these ini files. Now your posting answered my question. There is an additional tool.

China
Member (2002)
English to Chinese
+ ...
XML files are still new to me May 20, 2007

Although I have hundreds of xml files to translate each year, XML files are still something mysterious.

I met the problem you have now a few weeks ago. after translating a xml file with an ini file provided by the client, I found it could not be opened in IE.

Usually this problem occured because I accidentally deleted some internal codes like or . I can fix it easily by using the tag verifier in tageditor.

However, it was not the case this time. no tag was missing.

during dozens of trials I made to solve the problem, what puzzled me most was: when I copied and pasted the original header of the English file to the Chinese file in a text editor, the problem remained; but when I copied and pasted the body of the Chinese file to replace that of the English file, the problem was gone.

you know, xml files should be a kind of plain text file. when opened in a text editor, all codes it contains should show up. It means two files containing exactly the same codes have different results.

I must have missed something. anyway, SDLX module works with xml files more effectively. its wizard can create the DTD settings for xml files automatically. but you need to set the encodings (gb2132 or unicode ) of the target language correctly.

[修改时间: 2007-05-20 05:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

where to download ingen2.exe

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search