megane_wang  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:45
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 20, 2007

Hello --

I have a problem when trying to run Multiterm Extract 7. I have installed SDL Trados 2007 freelance and Multiterm 7.1.0.361.

Each time I try to start Multiterm Extract it just prompts for "error #101 - Error initializing".

I found that some people had this problem and it was due to the fact that a there was a version of the JRE different than the one which came with Multiterm (usually 1.5.0.x instead of the 1.4.x needed).

I looked at the installation directories for my Multiterm version, though, and found that it comes with JRE 1.5.0.10 (jre-1_5_0_10-windows-i586-p.exe), which is exactly the one I have in my computer. In fact, when I reinstall everything (I have done it a few times yet, including JRE), the Multiterm installer does not say that this component needs to be installed nor modified.

So: I don't understand what is happening at all.

Could anyone help?

Thanks a lot!!

Ruth @ MW

[Edited at 2007-05-20 14:28]

Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
had the same problem May 20, 2007

Hi Ruth,

I had the same problem a couple of days ago.

The solution: install Java J2SE 1.4.2, downloadable from here: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

And see here:
http://www.proz.com/topic/38065

I had to deinstall the other versions of Java (5.0 build 10 and 11) and Extract before installing 1.4.2 and reinstalling Extract, then it worked. Trados 2006 and 2007 are also working correctly.

I could rant about this stupid situation and the lack of support from SDL, but it is late and I don't have the energy.

Good luck
Jill

Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ayeeee!!! I'm afraid this does not work in this case May 21, 2007

Hi Gilian,

Thanks for the suggestion but I already found that information in the forum and tried it without any positive result.

After that, I had a look at the unzipped files for the Multiterm Install and found that it really comes with jre 1.5.0.10 instead of 1.4.2, so that I thought that maybe there is yet another source for this problem...

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks a lot anyway!!

Ruth @ MW

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Valid license for Extract? May 21, 2007

megane_wang wrote:

Hello --

I have a problem when trying to run Multiterm Extract 7.

Are you sure you have a valid license for MT Extract? This license is sold seperately, but the programme seem to be installed with the SDL Trados FL installation (Both 2006 and 2007)

I get the same error message simply because I do not have a license for this software. The other software works.

Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I do... May 21, 2007

... And the license manager seems to know it has it, too.

Thanks for your suggestion!

... hmmm: I'm about to ask for my money back and leave it as is!!!

Ruth @ MW

Yourcells
Local time: 21:45
English to Chinese
Your solution does work! Dec 31, 2008

Thank you, Gillian.
Your solution does work!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Extract - Error #101

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search