https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/73452-is_it_possible_to_batch_translate_to_fuzzy_in_sdl_trados_2006.html

Is it possible to batch "translate to fuzzy" in SDL TRADOS 2006?
Thread poster: Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 12:05
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
May 20, 2007

I translated 250 rtf files using Wordfast; most of them are one-liners. From this process I obtained a TWB .txt TM.

I want to use that TM , once imported to an empty TMW, to produce ttx files using TagEditor. For one or a few files that is quite easy using "translate to fuzzy", but if I have to manually process 250 files by opening, translating to fuzzy and saving each one of them, it is going to take 2 or 3 hours of my precious Sunday time.

Is there any batch "transl
... See more
I translated 250 rtf files using Wordfast; most of them are one-liners. From this process I obtained a TWB .txt TM.

I want to use that TM , once imported to an empty TMW, to produce ttx files using TagEditor. For one or a few files that is quite easy using "translate to fuzzy", but if I have to manually process 250 files by opening, translating to fuzzy and saving each one of them, it is going to take 2 or 3 hours of my precious Sunday time.

Is there any batch "translate to fuzzy" function built into TRADOS? or any macro or workaround I may know about?

Thanks for your help.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:05
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use SDL Trados Glue May 20, 2007

Available in Tools menu in the Trados program group.
However, you cannot glue all formats, so first check, if you can do so.
You can then use the batch translate process from Workbench to pretranslate the files and convert them to ttx. After that you glue them, open the master file in Tageditor and use open next not 100% (CTRL+ALT+HOME) and close/get next no 100% (CTR+ALT+NUM+) commands.

Regards
Jerzy

Jorge Payan
Colombia
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oops! They are not .rtf files, but .doc files May 20, 2007

Dear Jerzy:

Thanks for your fast and precise answer.

Unfortunately, I got confused with other project and the files to process are not .rtf but .doc. As you previously warned , when I try to use SDL TRADOS Glue, it does not list .doc as one of the options.

Of course, I could try to batch convert .doc to .rtf, and then apply SDL TRADOS Glue for getting ttx, but I am afraid that my customer cannot back-convert the translated and final .rtf files to .doc
... See more
Dear Jerzy:

Thanks for your fast and precise answer.

Unfortunately, I got confused with other project and the files to process are not .rtf but .doc. As you previously warned , when I try to use SDL TRADOS Glue, it does not list .doc as one of the options.

Of course, I could try to batch convert .doc to .rtf, and then apply SDL TRADOS Glue for getting ttx, but I am afraid that my customer cannot back-convert the translated and final .rtf files to .doc

Any other idea, please?

Saludos
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:05
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use the translate function from Workbench May 20, 2007

Go to Options, Translation Memory Options and on the tab Tools make sure "TRADOS XML workflow for Word .doc files" is selected. By default this option is NOT selected.
Then go to Tools, chose Translate and pretranslate your files. This is a batch process, so after it is finished you will have your files all as *.ttx. Now you can glue them and process as one in Tageditor.
After you are finished, unglue them and go through cleanup in Workbench (also a batch process).

This
... See more
Go to Options, Translation Memory Options and on the tab Tools make sure "TRADOS XML workflow for Word .doc files" is selected. By default this option is NOT selected.
Then go to Tools, chose Translate and pretranslate your files. This is a batch process, so after it is finished you will have your files all as *.ttx. Now you can glue them and process as one in Tageditor.
After you are finished, unglue them and go through cleanup in Workbench (also a batch process).

This should do the trick for you.
Jerzy
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Colombia
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That made it! May 21, 2007

That is why you are SDL Trados Workbench CertifieD.

Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to batch "translate to fuzzy" in SDL TRADOS 2006?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »