The source language line (the blue one) is cut off from Word page.
Thread poster: Ileana M. Pop
Ileana M. Pop  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:16
Romanian to Italian
+ ...
May 23, 2007

Hi everybody!

It seems that my Trados is fighting against my Word because each time I accept a translation (Alt +), the page goes up to the next line to translate (the yellow one), letting out of the page the line in the original language I have to translate and all the text done before.
So, I have to scroll up the page and have a look to what I was writing and it's a waste of time.

Can someone find a solution?

Thank you,
Ileana

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Normal view / TagEditor May 23, 2007

I'm just guessing, but there's probably a problem with styles. Anyway, try switching to Normal view or use TagEditor instead of Word.

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Ando Tools May 23, 2007

Ileana M. Pop wrote:

So, I have to scroll up the page and have a look to what I was writing and it's a waste of time.

Can someone find a solution?

Thank you,
Ileana

Hi Ileana,

I'm sure someone will be able to sort out the problem directly in Word/Trados for you but if you install the Ando Tools toolbar and enable the Enhance Trados function, this should centre the view.

It will also give you a paste plain text button, a bookmark so you can go straight to where you were last working on your translation, a return to previous segment keyboard shortcut and lots of other goodies.

It's freeware from:

http://atools.sunsite.dk/

HTH

Giles

Ileana M. Pop  Identity Verified
Spain
Romanian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both! May 24, 2007

Thank you very much for your help.
I changed the view as Hynek suggest, but I'll get some more information about Ando Tools in the future: it seems very useful.

Have a nice day,
Ileana

Urska Colner Vracun
Slovenia
Slovenian
+ ...
same problem in Word 2007 with trados8.dotm Mar 20, 2010

Hi,

Has anyone got a solution for the same problem in Word 2007? there is no Normal view, I am using the most 'normal' view there is - print layout. the thing is it doesn't always happen, it changes every now and then to center both translation lines but I have no idea what makes it change.

urska

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The source language line (the blue one) is cut off from Word page.

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search